HCM CITY —- Sofitel Saigon Plaza and Disciples of Escoffier Vietnam will present the first All-Women Cheffes Culinary Festival in Việt Nam as part of the annual fourth Saigon Gourmet Week to kick off in HCM City in mid October.
Coinciding with Vietnamese Women’s Day, three Michelin-starred cheffes and six celebrity cheffes will take over the Sofitel Saigon Plaza culinary department on October 15-20.
The event is designed to honour women and their talents in the world of gastronomy as well as raise awareness about career opportunities available to women in the culinary industry.
A private focus group will also take place for women working in Accor hotels across southern Việt Nam, led by Christine Rumble, Accor’s Chief Talent and Culture Officer for Asia Pacific.
The festival brings together Michelin-starred chefs and celebrity cheffes from around the world including France, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Cambodia, Australia and the UK.
The highlight of the culinary festival will be the Cheffes Battle & Gala Dinner held on October 19 in the hotel’s Diamond Hall.
All cheffes will lead teams of local female talents to prepare the main course for 120 guests using ingredients from a secret box, complementing the four other courses crafted by the hotel’s executive chef Stephane Leforestier.
High Tea at Boudoir Lounge is the latest addition to the festival, with a collection of sweet treats prepared by celebrity pastry-cheffe Keiko Nagae from Japan. The afternoon tea is available on October 16-18 with seatings between 3pm and 6pm.
The festival will end on Vietnamese Women’s Day on October 20 with an All-star cheffe brunch and buffet dinner at Mezz Restaurant, as well as an intimate dinner at L’Olivier Restaurant in the evening.
” The gathering of Michelin-starred cheffes and celebrity cheffes highlights our commitment as an ambassador of French art-de-vivre to offer the best French cuisine and culture in the heart of the city while honouring women,” said Olivier Revy, the hotel’s general manager.
The fourth Saigon Gourmet Week is co-hosted by Disciples of Escoffier Vietnam, a French association of more than 25,000 chefs from over 26 countries. The association sets out to develop young Vietnamese talents by teaching culinary skills, and has gathered local female talents for the Cheffes Battle on October 19. —VNS
- Hundreds of women join cooking festival in HCMC
- Rui Silvestre among elite chefs at World Gourmet Festival
- The World Gourmet Festival In Bangkok
- St. Barth Gourmet Festival to return in fall 2019
- French-Vietnamese Gourmet Festival opens in City
- 6th Annual Black Women’s Book Festival Attracts Local and International Authors
- 5th Annual Black Women’s Book Festival Attracts Local and International Authors
- Experiencing Kate Festival with Saigon-Ninh Chu Hotel and Resort
- Craft beer festival held in Danang to promote awareness on social and environmental issues
- Japanese cultural festival held at Can Tho University
- Vietnam Kite Festival held in Vung Tau