President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that his administration plans to tackle the rise of e-cigarettes by removing all nontobacco vape flavors from the market, including menthol and mint.“A lot of people think it’s wonderful,” said Trump on Wednesday. “It’s not a wonderful thing.”The announcement comes a year after former Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb described teen vaping as an “epidemic” and amid an outbreak of a vaping-linked lung illness that has killed five people.Roughly 450 people, mainly young people, across 33 states have been affected by the outbreak. Their symptoms include shortness of breath, coughing, fever, fatigue, and respiratory failure. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has warned consumers to avoid using any kind of vape device.Over the last year, the FDA has been focused on curbing youth vape use. It has issued more than 8,600 warning letters and more than 1,000 fines to online and brick-and-mortar stores for selling vapes and vape products to minors. Working with the Federal Trade Commission, it removed dozens of vape products resembling juice boxes, cereal, and candy from the market and warned others for statements made by social media influencers marketing their products.The FDA also warned Juul Labs this week… Read full this story
- Pence Speaks at McCain Memorial Service: ‘As President Trump Said Yesterday, We Respect His Service’
- WATCH: Jeff Sessions Announces President Trump’s Plans for DACA LIVE STREAM
- Dow Jones sinks nearly 600 points after President Trump proposes more tariffs on China
- President Trump blasts immigration law ruling made by his own Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch
- Air Travel Is Getting Fucked Up by President Trump's Government Shutdown
- President Trump's Former Lawyer Paid Liberty University Employee to Rig Online Polls: Report
- 'If you're p**sing them off you're doing something right!' Don Jr defends President Trump from boos at World Series game in rant against Washington 'swamp'
- President Trump reportedly proposed replacing Jeff Sessions with Scott Pruitt this week despite scandals
- FBI agents raid Manhattan office of President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen
- President Trump reportedly told James Comey ‘pee tape' can't be real because he’s a ‘germaphobe’
- President Trump pledges to support states’ rights to legal marijuana, in a blow to Attorney General Sessions
- President Trump touts 'total disaster' watchdog report alleging Andrew McCabe leaked to reporters
President Trump Said He Plans To Ban Vape Flavors have 390 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.