HAYWARD — Free airplane rides for kids and tours of the air traffic control tower will be available during the annual open house at the Hayward Executive Airport on Sept. 22.
The event also will feature displays of vintage aircraft, including jets and helicopters, rescue vehicles, hot rods, motorcycles and custom cars. There will be music and food from local restaurants.
Admission is free.
The year’s theme will be “Celebrating Women in Aviation.”
“A highlight will be the tours of the air traffic control tower,” said Doug McNeely, the airport’s manager. “It’s something that people do not get to do very often these days.”
The free airplane rides will be available for young people between ages 8 and 17 through the Experimental Aircraft Association’s “Young Eagles” program, which aims to provide youth their first ride in an airplane.
Preregistration is required and will begin online at 1 a.m. Sept. 15. Go to http://youngeaglesday.org for more information.
The open house will take place 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 22. The Hayward Executive Airport is located at 20301 Skywest Drive, across from Home Depot, in Hayward.
- Nights creator Yuji Naka's Rodea the Sky Soldier comes to Wii U, 3DS on Sept. 22
- 4 Salem Area Open Houses Coming Up Soon
- Amnesia dev's next game, SOMA, launches Sept. 22
- Gamber and Westminster hold a recruitment open house
- Boston: 5 Open Houses Near You (PICS)
- Lynnfield: 5 Open Houses Near You (PICS)
- Back Bay: 5 Open Houses Near You (PICS)
- North Reading: 5 Nearby Open Houses Coming Up
- 4 Open Houses Coming Up In The Andover Area
- 3 New Open Houses In The Wilmington Area
- North Andover: 3 Open Houses To Stop By (PICS)
- Peabody: 5 Nearby Open Houses To Stop By