Viet Nam expects ASEAN Secretariat to continue strengthening coordination with Viet Nam throughout preparatory process for the ASEAN Chairmanship in 2020. Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh (R) welcomes ASEAN Secretary-General Lim Jock Hoi at the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ha Noi on August 27, 2019. Photo: VGP Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh made the above statement at his reception for ASEAN Secretary-General Lim Jock Hoi in Ha Noi on August 27. ASEAN has grown significantly since Viet Nam assumed the Chair in 2010 but the bloc is also facing numerous challenges, thus promoting ASEAN solidarity, unity and centrality is a top task to help the bloc overcome challenges and adapt to fast and complicated changes, emphasized Minh. ASEAN should step up efforts to accelerate intra-connectivity, particularly in trade and investment facilitation and conclusion of talks on Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) on time, he added. As Viet Nam will undertake the UNSC non-permanent membership in 2020-2021 tenure, Minh said Viet Nam will actively work with other ASEAN countries to foster partnership between the United Nations and regional organizations, including ASEAN. Meanwhile, Lim highly valued Viet Nam’s preparations for the ASEAN… Read full this story
- EU loving Labour peer Lord Adonis is accused of not preparing for Brexit — despite being in charge of infrastructure
- Volunteers help prepare Fraserburgh stadium ahead of big match
- Number of military veterans seeking mental health support doubles in wake of Prince Harry admission
- Company building South Shields retirement apartments seeks charity to support
- New CM Bizenjo seeks opposition parties’ support
- Dereham Windmill seeks volunteers for support
- DUP was prepared to accept an Irish Act in 'draft deal', insists Sinn Fein
- Brexit preparation bill ‘could reach £2 billion by official date of leaving EU’
- Prentice family grateful for support as 'loving father' Norman laid to rest
- Vertice Asean: Trump atteso da "proteste massicce"
- Vietnam seeks to pacify China as landmark U.S. carrier visit signals warming ties
- The Scot who fought and died as a US Marine in Vietnam and the family that will never forget him
Vietnam seeks ASEAN Secretariat’s support for ASEAN Chairmanship preparations have 348 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.