On a frigid evening in January, Dr Katie McHugh welcomed 20 guests into her Indianapolis home and prepared to tell them a secret she had kept for seven years. They had come for a Planned Parenthood fundraiser party; among them were her father and two sisters. As they gathered in her living room, sipping wine, McHugh’s hands shook. “I was quite nervous, but I wanted to get my secret out as soon as I could,” she says. “I said, ‘Welcome. I’m glad you’re all here. I’m Katie McHugh. I’m an OB-GYN here in Indianapolis, and I’m also an abortion provider.’ My father visibly flinched. Then I stopped to take a breath, and everyone applauded, including my family.” After the event, to her surprise, her Republican father donated to Planned Parenthood. “He gave me this big hug and said, ‘I’m so proud of you, but I’m worried about you.’” Until that night, McHugh had told no one but her husband and a few close friends about her part-time work as an abortion provider at one of nine abortion clinics in Indiana. She had never told her conservative-leaning parents or three sisters, despite them being an unusually tight family. Nor had she… Read full this story
- Vatican Cancels Soccer Match over Pro-Abortion Protests
- What It's Like to Be an Abortion Provider in the Midwest
- Abortion training numbers increase as clinics close
- Supreme Court temporarily stonewalls Louisiana abortion law
- The Supreme Court Squashes Texas Laws Limiting Access to Abortions
- Melinda Gates makes a $375 MILLION donation to the abortion industry to accelerate DEPOPULATION of blacks
- The Best Way You Can Support a Friend Who's Having an Abortion
- No, You're Not a Bad Person If You've Had an Abortion
- Ruling hamstrings all but one Louisiana abortion clinic
- How Goodyear uses tech to make a faster race tire
- Patient Abandonment! Can My Doctor Do That?
- Going to the Doctor is Stressing Me Out
Tired of hiding: five doctors who provide abortions come out have 326 words, post on www.theguardian.com at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.