By Bay City News Service | Mercury News August 25, 2019 at 10:57 am Bay City News Service SAN RAFAEL — San Rafael police arrested two Oakland men for catalytic converter theft following a traffic stop Saturday night. When the men were pulled over at 10:20 p.m. on Canal Street near Medway Road for having no license plates, the officer saw a catalytic converter in their vehicle, along with drug paraphernalia. Twenty minutes earlier police had taken a report of a catalytic converter theft near Kerner Boulevard and Shoreline Parkway. The victim reported parking at 8 p.m. and then hearing a large amount of engine noise when he started his car two hours later. He inspected the car and saw the The officer who took the theft report came to the scene of the traffic stop and was able to identify the catalytic converter as the one reported stolen. A search of the vehicle turned up a reciprocating saw and additional tools, two additional catalytic converters, and drugs. Jose Melgoza-Rojo, 43, and Douglas Mejia, 33, were booked into the Marin County Jail for felony conspiracy to commit a crime, breaking/removing vehicle parts, possession of stolen property, felony vandalism, possession of… Read full this story
- Suspects Arrested For String Of Berkeley Catalytic Converter Thefts
- San Francisco police arrest homicide suspect in 2016 glass-bottle attack
- Camera Catches East Bay Thieves Stealing Prius Catalytic Converter In Minutes
- Oak Creek Catalytic Converter Burglar Caught In Greenfield: Cops
- Missing Novato Children Found Safe In San Rafael After Running Away From Home
- San Rafael Man Killed In I-80 Crash Monday Identified
- California Gold in San Rafael might be Marin’s most ambitious cocktail bar ever
- Police arrest two suspects in 2017 slaying in San Francisco
- Man shot by San Francisco police officer files civil rights complaint
- Mother kills two children, self in murder-suicide in San Jose, police say
- San Bruno Police Chief Takes Top Job In San Mateo
- 'I'm disabled you DOG': Wild scenes at the Newcastle 500 as police arrest man with broken leg for 'refusing to give up his two cases of Corona beers'
San Rafael police arrest two in catalytic converter thefts have 342 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.