New Jersey’s flagship university has asked a high school in Louisiana to change its logo because it’s identical to the block “R” that Rutgers has trademarked.
Lincoln Parish Schools official Ricky Durrett tells the Courier News of Bridgewater the company that manages Rutgers’ brand requested Ruston High School stop using it.
Rutgers says the high school has 10 years to replace the logo on gear, social media platforms and on the school’s website.
Rutgers spokeswoman Dory Devlin says the university addresses trademark infringement issues to avoid confusion among brands and to ensure its logos are used for their intended purpose.
Durrett says Rushton Bearcats supporters frequently purchased Rutgers Scarlet Knights athletics gear and apparel for the logo.
- Friday's Louisiana high school football scores
- OHSAA Week 1 high school football scores
- Week 3 high school football live scores and updates
- Ohio statewide high school football scores for Friday, Sept. 20
- Ohio statewide high school football scores for Friday, Sept. 27
- CNY’s top high school football games for Week 5
- Statewide high school football scoreboard for Aug. 29, 2019
- Live Coverage: Week 1 of Western Mass. High School Football
- Live Coverage: Week 2 of Western Mass. High School Football
- Northeast Ohio high school football scores for Friday, Sept. 20
- Section III high school football scoreboard for Week 4
- Live Coverage: Week 4 of Western Mass. High School Football