Portland Police responded early Sunday to a report of shots being fired at a motel located in the 3600 block of Northeast 82nd Avenue. According to police, East Precinct officers were dispatched at 3:58 a.m. Sunday. On arriving, the officers found evidence of gunfire, and an adult male victim, who had a non-life threatening graze wound.
Police say that an investigation determined that the shooter left before officers arrived on the scene.
Authorities aren’t revealing further suspect information, but a police spokesperson says there is an indication that the victim and the shooter knew each other.
The spokesperson also says that the motel where the shots were fired offers extended stay accommodations, and though some people live at the motel, it’s not yet known if that was the case for this victim.
The investigation is continuing, and police are interested in hearing from anyone who might have further information. To share information about gun crimes in Portland, authorities encourage people to contact the Portland Police Bureau’s Tactical Operations Division at 503-823-4106 or email information to [email protected].
— Kristi Turnquist
Visit subscription.oregonlive.com/newsletters to get Oregonian/OregonLive journalism delivered to your email inbox.
- Black Man Files $500,000 Lawsuit Against Portland Bar That Denied Him Entry for Wearing 'Too Many' Necklaces
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- Footage surfaces of horrific gunfire attack at Ireland boxing event
- The Latest: Man rues letting suspects stay in his apartment
- Cyclist shot during race in British Columbia, makes tourniquet from pants while fleeing
- Obama praises ‘hero’ teen killed shielding girls from gunfire
- Are the Nets interested in Syracuse big man Rakeem Christmas?
- Shooting in parking lot after NFL game leaves man badly hurt
- Pelicans still looking for first win after falling in Portland
- Community mourns football player, 15, who died shielding girls from gunfire
- Can Phil Pressey make the Portland Trail Blazers’ final roster?
- Man charged in gun-trafficking probe linked to murder case against Hernandez