“What’s Lori Loughlin doing with herself these days?” we bet you’re wondering, because Aunt Becky has kept a relatively low profile since pleading not guilty in the college cheating scandal, which itself feels like a century-old event, owing to the news cycle having become a nightmare churn. Over in Loughlinland, the days of breezing around Los Angeles and signing autographs outside courthouses are long gone; now, a legal source tells People, Loughlin spends her ample free time “obsessing over every detail” of the fraud case against her.
“She’s not working, she’s not doing anything. She’s just reading the files again and again,” the source claims. “The family was told to remove their Google alerts and to stop searching their names because it’s not good for them to see what’s being said. But this is a full-time concern of hers.”
And yeah, since the Feds busted Loughlin and her husband — designer of Target T-shirts, Mossimo Giannulli — for their alleged participation in Operation Varsity Blues, the Full House alum apparently hasn’t had much else to keep her busy. Turns out, people generally aren’t impressed to hear that you may possibly have paid an admitted scammer $500,000 to scare up fake athletic credentials for your daughters’ college applications. Although Loughlin reportedly sees the entire thing as a “huge misunderstanding,” her employers viewed it as a fireable offense: Both Netflix and the Hallmark Channel canceled the actress. Meanwhile, her vlogger daughter seems to harbor lingering resentments that may have made their relationship … frostier than usual. All of this appears to have freed up some space in Loughlin’s schedule — space she is using to assemble “meticulous records” on the case, according to People.
Loughlin “is remorseful” and “has regrets” over the admissions scandal, another source separately told People, but she still doesn’t see how “what she was doing was any different than donating money for a library or athletic field.” So during this period of involuntary downtime, perhaps a more productive question for Loughlin to Google might be: “What is fraud?”
- Lori Loughlin's daughters may face charges in college admissions scandal: former prosecutor
- Fuller House continues to fill out its old lineup with Lori Loughlin
- Google Developer Day sessions to feature Ubisoft, id Software, Amy Hennig, more
- Google calculates pi to 31TRILLION digits breaking world record on ‘Pi Day’ – and the calculation took 121 days to complete
- Google fined £3.8BILLION by the EU – and it’ll take just 14 days to pay off
- Rumor: Baldur’s Gate 3 Will Be Announced at Google Stadia Event
- Google says it doesn’t track your Chrome Incognito Mode browsing – but it can
- Google Implements YouTube Gaming Shutdown To Move To Main Website
- Can the Google Pixel 3 smartphone turn you into a pro sports photographer? Sort of
- Huge Google News bug lands Android owners with £300 charges – turn THIS setting off now
- Google to Create Its Own Game Streaming Service?
- Gmail BACK after mystery ‘Error 404’ took Google emails offline for thousands