CLEVELAND, Ohio — Most people are collectors of one kind or another: instruments, tattoos, commemorative spoons, houseplants. With “Intercepted,” H-Space gallery presents a small collection of collectors, video artist Rachel Yurkovich and photographer-explorer Mike Majewski. The two met while attending Cleveland Institute of Art, but they were brought together for the show by gallery founder and director Eli Gfell.“I saw a common thread, in that they’re both sort of collecting moments, or these little instances,” said Gfell, who took a break during the installation of the show to chat. “Based on conversations that we’ve had, we all have similar collecting habits.”Majewski’s work presents the most obvious collection, a series of nature photographs grounded by a table presenting the kind of informal natural sciences collection yielded by walks in the woods. This assortment hearkens to one’s inner wilderness scout — an egg, some feathers, a swath of tree bark, the head of a weathered fence post — in a loose constellation around a pocket notebook full of scratchy observations made by Majewski during his photo-walks.These range from the cryptic — “forced admiration” — to the amateur poetic — “Just watching around me / the way the land stands still” — to… Read full this story
- Electrician is mauled by caretaker's pet LION after he complained he had not been paid for work carried out at religious building in Pakistan
- Europe wants to mine the moon by 2025: European Space Agency reveals plan that could spark a new space race
- Revealed: Jeff Bezos' futuristic vision of self-sustaining habitats that could house a TRILLION people in space
- Splashdown! The moment astronauts from the US, Russia and UAE land safely in Kazakhstan after flying home from the International Space Station
- Managing traffic in space is difficult and dangerous. Here's how we could make it better
- Now that's sofa surfing! Hilarious moment friends ride a motorised COUCH to a McDonald's drive-thru after transforming it into a vehicle that can hit 32mph
- The highest resolution photos ever taken of the moon from orbit are revealed by Indian space agency after being captured by Chandrayaan-2 probe
- A worm went to space and came back with two heads. Why?
- Incredible moment NASA air-launches Icon satellite over the Atlantic and into orbit on a mission to unlock the mysteries of the ionosphere - the upper atmosphere 'where air meets space'
- Lights, camera, action! NASA releases footage of tumbling 'snowman' space rock that's the most distant object ever explored by humans
- Programme awakens interest in space science in Vietnam
- Extra Space Storage Inc. (NYSE:EXR) Delivered A Better ROE Than Its Industry
Attention Must Be Paid: ‘Intercepted’ moments at H-Space have 432 words, post on www.cleveland.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.