The perfect storm of bungling Boris Johnson preparing to enter Downing Street while Iran’s holds a British-flagged oil tanker is a terrifying prospect.
He was a disastrous Foreign Secretary – with diplomacy being one of the many skills he lacks.
Straining relations with our 27 European neighbours while cowering to disrespectful US President Donald Trump, exposes Johnson’s numerous shortcomings as a national liability.
Tehran exploited his catastrophic error over imprisoned Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
Now we will have that incompetent at the helm, when what we require is a cool head to steer us clear of troubled waters.
Shoot-from-the-lip Johnson’s slapdash approach to life and politics can no longer conceal his toxic shallowness.
The Iran crisis, like Brexit and so many issues, is why the country requires a considered leader.
Instead we’re about to be lumbered with an inept clown.
We must care
Tory austerity is shown up as being exorbitantly expensive when families are forced to spend twice as much to look after relatives in care homes.
The fact the burden has doubled in a decade reinforces why the squeeze on local authorities by the Conservatives is a false economy.
The average private fees at £846 a week are crippling for the elderly and their children.
That should set the alarm bells ringing for what is a national care emergency.
Until we finance quality support via taxation making it free for all, bills will mount while those with little money are at the risk of neglect.
Sweltering school holidays revive fond memories of childhoods when the sun seemingly never stopped shining.
The hottest day of the year this week will be one reason to be cheerful – even if experts these days advise parents to ensure kids stay in the shade, plaster on sun-block, wear hats and drink lots of water.
- 7th Pay Commission: After no pay hike, here is more bad news for CG employees
- People may be able to process bad news better when they are stressed
- Being under stress helps people process bad news better: study
- Bad news
- McDonald's supply problem is bad news for allergy sufferers
- McDonald's confirm MAJOR change to menu with bad news for allergy sufferers
- UK weather: Forecasters have bad news about summer
- Probe into help for neglected children digs up good and bad news
- Why cleaner seas can be bad news for birds
- If you like the look of the LG WK9 smart Display we’ve got some bad news for you
- 7th Pay Commission: Here is the good and very bad news
- Bad news for fans of sausage and bacon as cancer report says no amount is safe