Drug possession: Clemons Road
An officer stopped a car at 4:30 p.m. July 12 for a traffic violation as it left the Red Roof Inn.
The officer called in a police K9 officer because of suspicion of narcotics. Police recovered syringes, cut straws, pipes and other drug paraphernalia along with suspected methamphetamine.
Officers charged a 38-year-old Amherst man with felony possession of methamphetamine. They charged a 32-year-old Geneva woman with possession of drug paraphernalia.
Shoplifting: Crocker Park
An employee of the Eddie Bauer store called police at 7:49 p.m. July 13 to report a man stole a stack of shorts and shirts and left toward Main Street. The suspect got away with $700 worth of merchandise, according to police.
Drunken driving: Columbia Road
Police responded at 3 a.m. July 14 to Taco Bell regarding a driver who had passed out behind the wheel while in the drive-thru.
When officers arrived, concerned citizens pointed out the vehicle. The driver had collected his order and was pulling out of the parking lot. An officer stopped the vehicle and noticed the appeared intoxicated. Officers administered a field-sobriety test and then arrested the suspect for operating a vehicle while impaired. He refused a breath test so his license was automatically suspended. .
Pandering obscenity: I-90
An officer stopped a car at 7:22 p.m. July 14 on I-90 near Cahoon Road for a traffic violation.
The driver, a 33-year-old Akron man, was a registered sex offender because of a previous conviction of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material or performance. The officer became alarmed when a 17-year-old passenger said he and the driver were in a relationship.
Officers found suspected marijuana in the glove compartment, and the two were exchanging inappropriate photos electronically, according to police. The two had met online.
Police arrested the adult for felony pandering obscenity involving a minor. Additional charges were recommended to a grand jury for criminal tools and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles. The juvenile was reunited with his mother at the Westlake Police Station.
Drug possession: I-90
An officer stopped a vehicle near Crocker Road at 11 a.m. July 18 for traffic violations.
The 24-year-old female driver from Elyria was cited for driving under suspension.
A 28-year-old Sheffield Lake man, who was a passenger, had a hypodermic needle in his possession and admitted he was a recovering heroin user. Police found he also had suspected fentanyl powder. They charged him with felony drug possession.
Read more news from the West Shore Sun.
- Bedford Man Faces Kidnapping Charges After Police Track Him To Florida
- Police Blotter: Caught Sleeping With a DS
- Police Blotter: He Smashed, She Smashed
- Police Blotter: Man Avoids Prison, but Is All Out of Bubblegum
- Suspects Involved in Cape Cod Police Shooting Face Judge
- Abington Police Seize THC-Infused Candy Bars, 1 Suspect Faces Charges
- Chicago Cop Who Killed College Student and Innocent Bystander Will Face No Charges
- State Corrections Officer In Montco Faces Sex Charges
- The cop who killed Philando Castile is now facing criminal charges
- Suspect in Killing of 2 Police Officers in Calif. May Face Death Penalty
- Boston Man Arrested For Vandalism Faces New Charge Of Arson
- Boston Kidnapping Suspect Facing 11 New Charges