A serial subway masturbator who has been repeatedly spotted touching himself while sucking his thumb in the city’s transit system has been nabbed.
James Hunt — one of the worst in the dirty dozen transit deviants profiled by The Post in March — was chased down and tased after resisting arrest around 8:30 Saturday morning at the Court Street Station in Brooklyn, according to police.
The 41-year-old creep, who is well-known to police, ran from cops after being spotted masturbating outside the MTA booth at the station.
Cops also connected the perv to another incident from June 11 when a 44-year-old walked into the station and saw Hunt masturbating on the mezzanine, according to cops. The woman even snapped a picture of the gross act.
The head of Transit’s Special Victims Division Sgt. Chris O’Connell said combatting serial subway sex crime offenders has been an “uphill battle” for police in the city.
“We are seeing them constantly going back and doing the same thing over,” O’Connell said.
Saturday’s incident brings Hunt subway sex crimes tally to more than 28 in the last decade.
He added that these “gross, disgusting experiences” are especially troubling when the victims are underage.
“It’s terrifying for anyone, especially younger victims,” O’Connell said. “No one should have to deal with something like this going back and forth from school or work.”
Hunt faces charges of resisting arrest and public lewdness from Saturday’s arrest and another public lewdness count from the June incident.
- I-Team: Correction Officer Brutally Attacked by Stranger on Subway Calls DA 'Disgrace' After Suspect Gets Charged With Misdemeanor
- The Latest: AP, others seek warrants in serial killer case
- 'We tased him': Video shows disturbing moments after Detroit teen dies after ATV chase with police
- Sex offender arrested after leading officials on hours-long RV chase
- Ride shotgun in the high-tech cop cruiser you don’t want in your rearview mirror
- Stolen iPhone results in cop chase, shooting, school lockdown and finally, arrests
- North Dakota just made it perfectly legal for cops to arm drones with weapons
- Ford’s New Hybrid Cop Car Cuts Emissions While Chasing Criminals
- Smartphone thief calls cops on victim as he chases her to get his phone back
- Subway Surfers gets record 1 billion downloads on Google Play Store
- Stolen Apple iPhone leads to police chase, gunfire and a locked down school
- Comments for : Apple fanatic NYPD cop gets back stolen Apple iPhone in record time