The layout of workplaces plays a significant role in staff productivity, engagement and mental health – which are all essential for a business’ bottom line. CEO and director of Spaceworks Lizzie Whaley has 17 years experience as a residential and commercial designer, and is an expert on creating workplaces that have a positive impact on both staff and business. Employees’ rights: Limited liability if someone steals from boss Hard-working Kiwis at increased risk of suffering strokes Call for employees treated badly by bosses to retain anonymity With technological advances bringing change to the workplace, things like working from home and open plan offices are becoming more common. Newshub sat down with Lizzie Whaley to discuss why it is essential for businesses to get the office space right. What is the relationship between physical space and employee wellbeing? It’s huge, it is responsible for motivation, for employees feeling valued, for work being completed effectively and productively – which is instrumental for every business’ bottom line. Every business owner wants productive staff. How employees feel has a direct relationship to work output. I’ve always lived by the philosophy that your mental state is a reflection of your environment, messy desk -… Read full this story
- New York removed questions about mental health from the bar so law students will no longer suffer in silence
- Forcing suspected coronavirus patients into quarantine 'could cause long-term mental health problems including PTSD, depression and drug abuse'
- Medicine for the mind: How getting 40 winks can improve your mental health and sleeping on it really CAN solve your problems
- Kate Middleton and Prince William attend World Mental Health event at Harrow College
- Ivy Watts Brings Her Story Of Mental Health Awareness To Milton
- Social Media and Mental Health: Time for a Digital Detox?
- Deep memories of SARS have triggered 'unprecedented' mental health issues in Hong Kong amid coronavirus fears
- Gut bacteria may have impact on mental health, study says
- Isolation and hallucinations: the mental health challenges faced by astronauts
- Prince William Takes His Mental Health Campaign to Soccer Club in Liverpool
- Universal Credit rollout sees huge spike in mental health problems
- 'I smoke for my mental health'
Is your workplace layout affecting your mental health? have 348 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at July 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.