The actress who voiced Minnie Mouse for more than 30 years has died at the age of 75.
Russi Taylor died in Glendale, California, on Friday, Disney said.
Taylor won the coveted role as the voice of Minnie in 1986 after auditioning against 200 other hopefuls.
She went on to voice Minnie in films including Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Mickey, Donald, Goofey: The Three Musketeers, as well as in several TV series such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey MouseWorks.
“Minnie Mouse lost her voice with the passing of Russi Taylor,” said Bob Iger, chairman and chief executive of The Walt Disney Company.
“For more than 30 years, Minnie and Russi worked together to entertain millions around the world – a partnership that made Minnie a global icon and Russi a Disney Legend beloved by fans everywhere.
“We’re so grateful for Russi’s talent as well as the tremendous spirit and great joy she brought to everything she did.
“It was a privilege to have known her and an honour to have worked with her, and we take comfort in the knowledge that her work will continue to entertain and inspire for generations to come.”
Taylor found her real-life Mickey in the form of Wayne Allwine, who had voiced Mickey Mouse since 1977.
The pair married in 1991 and remained as inseparable as their animated counterparts until Allwine died in 2009.
Taylor had been a Disney fan since childhood, and once recalled meeting Walt Disney as a young girl.
“I was with my mom and my brother, and it was late at night at Disneyland,” she said.
“We had just come off the Mark Twain Riverboat and were getting some popcorn. I looked over and saw Walt sitting on a bench, so we introduced ourselves and shared our popcorn with him.
“At one point during our chat, he asked me what I wanted to do when I grow up, and I said, ‘I want to work for you!’ So he said, ‘Ok!’ — and now I do!”
Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy, said he would “dearly miss” his long-time friend.
“Russi was as close as family; as wonderful, funny, and sweet as Minnie Mouse, and as talented yet humble as you would expect,” he said.
As well as Minnie, Taylor also voiced the roles of Huey, Dewey and Louie, and their friend Webbigail Vanderquack, in the original DuckTales animated series.
- James Bond girl Molly Peters dies aged 75
- The Gentle Touch actress Jill Gascoine dies aged 83: British actress loses 10-year battle with Alzheimer's disease as family say they are 'relieved she is not suffering anymore'
- Priyanka Chopra and Freida Pinto lead the tributes to Slumdog Millionaire star Irrfan Khan as he dies aged 53 following a battle with colon cancer
- Tributes pour in for 'much loved' and 'amazingly talented' ex-Coronation Street star and comic Roy Hudd who has died aged 83 after short illness
- Little Women: Atlanta star 'Ms Minnie' dies aged 34
- Anita Pallenberg, Keith Richards’ former partner, dies aged 73
- Jill Gascoine dead – British actress and The Gentle Touch star dies age 83 at LA care home after Alzheimer’s battle
- Former Australia Cricketer Graeme Watson Dies At 75
- Charles Bradley, celebrated soul singer who found fame late, dies aged 68
- My Boy Lollipop singer Millie Small dies aged 73
- Dimitri Diatchenko dead: Chernobyl Diaries actor dies, aged 52
- Ex-Republic of Ireland and Liverpool forward Robinson dies, aged 61
- India Adams, who dubbed Joan Crawford and Cyd Charisse in Hollywood musicals, dies at age 93
- Coronavirus NSW: Third Newmarch House resident dies from COVID-19
- Ashley Ross dead at 34: Little Women Atlanta star ‘Ms. Minnie’ killed in hit and run
- Minnie Driver Answers Every Question We Have About
- Little Women Atlanta star Ashley 'Minnie' Ross dead at 34 after hit-and-run car accident
- Tributes Paid to 'Little Women Atlanta' Star Ashley 'Minnie' Ross on Instagram After Death in Hit-and-Run Car Accident
- ‘Little Women: Atlanta’ Star Ms. Minnie Dead After Hit-And-Run Crash
- 'This is the end of an era': Bollywood star Rishi Kapoor dies in Mumbai at 67 after two-year battle with leukemia... as Priyanka Chopra leads the tributes
Actress behind voice of Minnie Mouse dies aged 75 have 676 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at July 27, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.