Of course, in South Asia, traditional dressing has long involved the combination of a dress and trousers such as the shalwar kameez, or a kurta or kurti layered over matching trousers or even jeans. In the west, it became popular in the 1920s and 30s, with the likes of Louise Brooks, Lucille Ball and Ginger Rogers pairing housecoats and robe-style tops with silk pyjama trousers. More recently, stars such as Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway and Britney Spears threw together cocktail dresses and flared jeans for their red carpet appearances in the early 2000s. Too often, dresses paired with jeans come across looking heavy, bulky and shapeless. But when styled properly, the clever interplay of masculine and feminine looks stylish, fun and very 2019. While we wait for summer to really kick in, this is the ‘It’ silhouette to ensure you’re prepared for unpredictable weather, without having to keep pulling on the dreaded opaque tights. For inspiration, we turn to the catwalks. Look ahead to autumn-winter, where Jil Sander made a study of this silhouette, offering an ease and simplicity that is often missing from interpretations of the trend. There was a white shirt dress, unbuttoned to the waist over black… Read full this story
- Female Staff of Hard Rock Café Made to Wear Dresses
- Trains, trousers and flats
- Teen wears short-sleeved suit to prom and divides the internet
- Where does Holly Willoughby’s outfit today come from? This Morning host’s green Label Mix dress and Office shoes revealed
- Red peril: should you ditch the trickiest shade of trousers?
- Michelle Keegan: Mum taught me if you feel confident in what you’re wearing, it always shows
- Met Gala 2018: Best-dressed guests on the red carpet, from Rihanna to Katy Perry
- Fashion bloggers can’t get enough of Zara’s checked midi ‘dress of the summer’ – and it’s only £39.99
- Suits you sir ... how men can dress to impress for big day
- Royal wedding guests: Who was the best dressed?
- Pattani school lifts its ban on wearing hijab
- 2018 Billboard Music Awards: Best dressed stars on the red carpet
How to wear... a dress over trousers have 351 words, post on www.independent.ie at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.