A convicted murderer was working in the prison kitchen at Dartmoor jail when he stabbed to death a fellow inmate, an inquest has been told. William Tolcher, a killer serving a life sentence, was chopping vegetables with a 10-inch blade when he turned it on fellow inmate Alex Cusworth. The 37-year-old was stabbed from behind and died from his wound at Derriford Hospital. An inquest into the killing has started at County Hall in Exeter. A jury has been asked to consider the circumstances surrounding Mr Cusworth’s death, in particular the assessment and supervision processes which allowed a highly dangerous convicted killer to work in the prison kitchen with a large knife. HM Coroner Mr Philip Spinney outlined the background of both men. He said Alex Cusworth had been born in Stafford and moved to Devon in 2011. In May 2015 he was sentenced to eight years in prison and transferred to HMP Dartmoor. In August 2015 he applied to work in the kitchen and on September 4 an employment board approved his application and he started the next day. On November 26, 2015 he was stabbed to death by Tolcher, a fellow kitchen worker. Tolcher, from Cornwall, had been… Read full this story
- Britain's most evil paedophile Richard Huckle who abused 200 children 'was strangled with bandage and stabbed with homemade knife' when he was killed in prison
- Prison Nation
- Inside Job - Stillwater Prison & the Day Before Yesterday (A Shannon O'Day Story)
- Ten charts on the rise of knife crime in England and Wales
- Danny Trejo - The Knife Guy
- Richard Huckle: Paedophile killed in prison 'strangled and stabbed'
- SS guard, 93, accused of being a 'cog' in Nazi Germany's 'murderous machinery' is brought into court in a wheelchair as he goes on trial accused of being accessory to 5,230 killings
- Georgia set to execute man convicted of killing store clerk
- Emmerdale: Fans are convinced that sacked Asan N'Jie’s character Ellis Chapman will DIE of sepsis... after cutting his arm on a rusty nail
- Pocket Knives As the Name Suggests is a Knife That Fits in Your Pocket
- Getting Fruits and Vegetables Ready For the Juicer
- “Skip intro”: Netflix could’ve saved TV title sequences, but now it’s killing them
Prisoner killed inmate with knife he was given to cut vegetables have 358 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at May 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.