Byron Buxton and Jason Castro hit two-run home runs Wednesday as the Twins beat the Angels 8-7 at Target Field.
The Angels scored three times in the ninth to get within a run, but reliever Mike Morin got Shohei Ohtani to ground out with the bases loaded to end the game.
Twins starter Jake Odorizzi (6-2) had his 22⅓ inning scoreless streak end when Tommy La Stella homered in the third. It was the fifth-longest scoreless streak by a starter in Twins history.
Ehire Adrianza gave the Twins a 2-0 lead when he doubled in a pair of runs in the second. Buxton’s homer was part of a three-run fifth.
Matthew LuCroy’s two-run homer off Odorizzi got the Angels within 6-3 in the sixth before Castro made it 8-3 in the bottom of the inning.
The game drew 31,919 to Target Field.
- Xander Bogaerts involved at third-base collision with Byron Buxton
- Xander Bogaerts involved in third-base collision with Byron Buxton
- Spring training roundup: Gardner, Judge power Yankees past Tigers
- Hoskins helps power Phillies past Twins
- Dem Candidate Julian Castro Says Twin Brother May Run Against Sen. Cornyn
- 'Longhorn Nation, we're back': Sam Ehlinger powers Texas past Georgia in Sugar Bowl
- Lightning briefly knocks out power at Los Angeles International Airport, forces plane to return
- Sanford, Bozak return to power Blues past Ducks 5-1
- Fourth line powers Penguins past Hurricanes
- Reath, Mays power LSU past Ole Miss, 82-66
- Embiid powers Sixers past slumping Pistons, 116-102
- Young, Carter power Hawks past Cavs, 111-108