Along with India, US, Canada, Nepal, select African as well as Middle Eastern countries are also getting Apple’s TV app.
“With the free iOS 12.3 and tvOS 12.3 software update, customers around the world can now subscribe to Apple TV channels within the Apple TV app – paying for only the ones they want – and watch on demand directly in the app,” the company wrote in a blog-post on Monday.
With its Family Sharing feature, the Apple TV app allows up to six members to share subscriptions to Apple TV channels using their Apple ID and password.
“Subscribers can watch and download shows and movies both online and offline, making the Apple TV app the first and only place where HBO subscribers can download movies and shows such as ‘Game of Thrones’ for offline viewing,” the post added.
The app features dedicated sections of editorially handpicked content for kids of all ages as well as a Sports section.
The Apple TV app would be made available for MacBook users later this year.
“Also starting today (Monday), users worldwide can enjoy personalised recommendations of shows and movies from more than 150 video apps and streaming services and over 100,000 iTunes movies and TV shows, including the largest collection of 4K HDR titles available to browse, buy or rent – all within the new Apple TV app,” the post noted.
The app would also start featuring Apple’s original video subscription service – Apple TV+ in the coming months.
Apple Gets Serious About Services, Unveils TV+, Card, Arcade At Special Event
By Karan BajajApple has typically held special events for hardware. Which is why a dedicated event for services was a surprise. Of the many services that were announced, only Apple Arcade and TV+ are expected to go global at launch. Karan Bajaj decodes some of the news from the event.Image: Reuters
- The Apple TV is a mess — and hardly the ‘future of TV’ Apple advertised
- Apple TV isn’t great for gaming — yet
- 17 things you didn’t know the latest Apple TV could do
- 17 hidden useful tricks and shortcuts for your new Apple TV
- The Apple TV will reportedly get a 4K revamp soon to take on Roku and Google in the living room
- Apple TV aims to capture ‘cord cutters’
- Roku just announced 5 new devices, two of which make the new Apple TV look like a bad deal
- Amazon Prime Video is finally available for Apple TV
- The newest Apple TV highlights a worrying trend across all of Apple’s products
- The Apple TV under development when Steve Jobs called it a ‘hobby’ is now obsolete
- Apple is reportedly planning a big increase in the price of the new Apple TV
- The new Apple TV will likely come with a feature that makes it much easier to find movies and shows across multiple apps
- Periscope has been secretly developing an app for the revamped Apple TV
- The new Apple TV is going to feel a lot more like using an iPhone, report claims
- Facebook is about to launch a standalone TV app
- The ‘Apple of China’ may release its affordable Apple TV competitor in the US very soon
- Apple revamps App Store with new revenue plan, ads
- Dating app Tinder finds gold at Apple’s App Store
- A Wall Street analyst savaged Apple’s TV strategy
- There’s a good argument that Apple should buy Netflix
Get your subscription; Apple TV app is coming to India, and 99 other countries have 1332 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.