There’s no Magnolia Lane at this Augusta, no meticulously manicured grounds. The nearest Amen Corner is Bethel Apostolic or Bayvale Baptist. This is Augusta Municipal Golf Course, not the of the home of the Masters. Still, the pro shop here gets its share of confused callers. “We have tons of people call, and they just want to know the address so they can come in and buy some merchandise,” said Andre Lacy, the burly, dreadlocked club pro at the course nicknamed the Cabbage Patch. “They get here and it’s like, ‘This isn’t Augusta National.’ So, sorry.” There’s history to the place, nonetheless, even with fairways mottled green and brown, and its no-frills clubhouse. On a weekday, playing 18 holes here costs $26 (with cart). This is everyman golf, five miles south of the world’s most exclusive country club. It’s also a favorite hometown hangout for Tommy Bennett, a lifelong caddie, who in 1995 was on the bag for a 19-year-old Tiger Woods in his first Masters. The budding superstar, at the time an amateur, would tie for 41st and make a PGA Tour cut for the first time in eight starts. The lanky Bennett, who looks younger than his 69… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods Had Affairs With 121 Women
- Why It’s So Hard to Give Up the Dream of a Tiger Woods Comeback
- Tiger Woods Hits Eerie 'Kobe Bryant' Putt
- How Tiger Woods Got Back to Winning After 4 Surgeries to Fix His Severe Back Pain
- Tiger Woods Is a 'Different Man' 10 Years After Scandal: 'He Is in the Best Place He's Ever Been'
- Who Is Tiger Woods' Girlfriend Erica Herman? Everything to Know
- Tiger Woods Says He Had 'Unexpected Reaction' to Medication and Was Not Drunk During DUI Arrest
- CBS Sports’ Trevor Immelman Talks Genesis Invitational, Tiger Woods’ Chances At Riviera
- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren's Divorce Is Final
- Tiger Woods considering approach from PGA rival Premier Golf League
- I Was in Shock: Tiger Woods Still Struggling to Get to Grips With Kobe Bryant's Death
- Tiger Woods still sad over Kobe Bryant´s death
Tiger Woods' first Masters caddie gives insight into Augusta National have 349 words, post on www.latimes.com at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.