(CNN)Most states are seeing an unusually high number of flu patients as the season comes to a close. Meanwhile, the very first human experiments with a new universal flu shot have begun at the National Institutes of Health. Thirty-three states and Puerto Rico faced widespread flu activity for the week ended March 30, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday. “Here we are in April, and we’re still having substantial influenza,” said Dr. William Schaffner, medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. “It’s reduced but still substantial.” During the previous week, 34 states and Puerto Rico reported widespread activity. Longer than last year, less deadly Although flu has not taken as many lives this year as last, when more than 80,000 people died, the number of deaths is still considerable. Five children died of flu-associated causes during the week ended March 30, bringing total number of childhood deaths for the season to 82; overall, as many as 50,900 total deaths due to flu have occurred this season, according to the CDC. Not all flu-related deaths are detected or reported, so the actual number may be higher. Flu shot will not cause a pregnant woman to… Read full this story
- Clinical Trial Begins For Gene Therapy To Treat Alzheimer’s Disease
- Netanyahu Corruption Trial Begins, Taking Israel Into Uncharted Territory
- How a well-meaning U.S. government database fuels dangerous vaccine misinformation
- Flu vaccination: Why getting a flu jab can save your life
- Research now backs routinely offering pregnant women the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine
- Covid roundup: G7 vows action on vaccines; curbs to ease in several states from tomorrow | India News - Times of India
- Chile streaks ahead of Latin America with one of fastest vaccination rates in the world
- Does the Covid vaccine affect your fertility? Expert - 'No evidence'
- Coronavirus Drug Update: The Latest Info On Pharmaceutical Treatments And Vaccines
- Judge dismisses lawsuit filed by Houston hospital employees who refused coronavirus vaccine
- Covid Vaccines for Kids Are Coming, but Not for Many Months
- Pfizer Begins Testing Its Vaccine in Young Children
Flu cases still high as first human universal vaccine trial begins have 332 words, post on us.cnn.com at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.