video Shutting down the border will hurt the US economy a lot: Art Laffer Former Reagan Economist Art Laffer on the potential economic impact if President Trump closes the U.S. border with Mexico and the outlook for Federal Reserve policy. The Trump administration will consider keeping trucking lanes to Mexico open even if the president follows through on threats to shut down the U.S. southern border amid an ongoing immigration crackdown. Continue Reading Below The possibility of leaving trucking lanes open is one of several options the White House is considering as it explores a potential border closure, an official with knowledge of the situation told FOX Business White House correspondent Blake Burman. Critics have argued that any attempt to close the border would negatively impact the U.S. economy. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM AUTO SALES SLUGGISH IN 1Q AT LARGEST US CARMAKERS TEXAS LAWMAKER: ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AT US-MEXICO BORDER CREATING ‘CHAOS’ Speaking at the Oval Office on Tuesday, Trump said he hasn’t made a decision on whether to close the border, but noted he is “ready to close it if I have to close it.” Trump has repeatedly called on Mexico to step up its efforts to stem illegal immigration at… Read full this story
- The Trump truck is back: Korbin Forrister takes campaign to Pocono
- Tyler Reddick grabs first career win in Truck Series opener at Daytona
- David Gilliland to compete in Truck Series opener at Daytona
- Sauter wins Truck Series opener at Daytona as Bell flips
- Adam Scott major threat everywhere but US Open
- U.S. Homeland Security agents training Guatemalan border guards say locals officials don't know their own immigration laws, weapons handling or how to interrogate undocumented immigrants
- Donald Trump WILL host World Series champion Washington Nationals at the White House on Monday
- Trump gets dumped: Rough night for NCWT promoting The Donald
- AOC Slams 'Manufactured' Cruelty at US Southern Border in Testimony Before House Panel
- President Trump to the Fab Freshman of Congress: Go Back to Your Country
- Last-second man: Kyle Busch wins Truck opener with daring move
- Nancy Pelosi expects televised impeachment hearings THIS MONTH - but warns that the Democrats' case against Donald Trump has to be 'ironclad'
Amid border shutdown threats, Trump may keep trucking lanes open have 370 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.