Two pupils from Parkhead Primary School spoke in front of a committee of MSPs when they paid the Scottish Parliament a visit. Ellie Meek and Millie Robinson (both 10), appeared as witnesses for St Andrew’s First Aid at The Public Petitions Committee, as part of the charity’s campaign to introduce basic first aid taught in Scottish primary schools as part of the curriculum. Ellie and Millie also gave members of the committee a live CPR and first aid demonstration before the committee sat. As part of the demonstration they bandaged MSP Brian Whittle’s famous left foot, much to the delight of his fellow MSPs. Read more: Brian is a former Olympic athlete, European Champion and Commonwealth medallist who ran the third leg of the 1986 European Championship 4×400 metres relay in Stuttgart with only one shoe. Best friends, Millie and Ellie are both members of the St Andrew’s First Aid (West Calder) Thistles Thistles is a fun and educational weekly programme for children aged five to 10 to work towards achieving their Inspiring Thistle Award. They learn about the history of St Andrew’s First Aid, first aid and life skills including, keeping themselves safe, the planet and sustainability, healthy body,… Read full this story
- Young man died during Harvey. Now his family is suing 3 electric companies.
- Essay: Letter to a Young Scientist
- UK Parliament speaker denies bullying allegations
- Kate Middleton In Labor, 3rd Royal Baby Coming On St. George's Day
- Gary Kubiak, Vince Young inducted into Texas Sports Hall of Fame
- Man spotted on roof of St. Martin's Episcopal Church days before Barbara Bush's funeral
- Cow Eyes with Frickin' Laser Beams Could Aid Security
- Virginia Roberts claims she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew in TV interview about her years as Jeffrey Epstein's underage sex slave
- The Latest: Greitens' camp claims ex-aide took donor list
- Pastor Andrew Brunson Facts: Trial For American Facing Terror Charges In Turkey
- Norfolk businesses ‘need to expose young people to opportunities’
- In The Young Karl Marx, Revolution Is Personal
Young St Andrew’s First Aid volunteers impress MSPs at Scottish Parliament have 340 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at March 16, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.