Vietnam Airlines incorporates airport maps into its mobile app
By Le Anh
|Passengers at the Noi Bai International Airport in the capital city of Hanoi. Vietnam Airlines has added 67 domestic and foreign airport maps to its mobile app to help passengers use its services at ease – PHOTO: LE ANH|
HCMC – National flagship carrier Vietnam Airlines has added 67 airport maps, with nine of them in the country and the remainder abroad, to its mobile app, to help passengers breeze past gates, lounges and shops, as it continues investing in technology to enhance the airport experience.
By incorporating the indoor maps app, InMapz, into the Vietnam Airlines mobile app, the carrier is the first Asia-based airline to offer digital wayfinding airport maps and has more maps than any other airline in the world.
The airport maps will be available on the free Vietnam Airlines app and Vietnam Airlines website. Customers are provided with a clear and detailed view of their surroundings via their phones from the check-in and departure points right through to baggage collection.
Le Hong Ha, executive vice president of Vietnam Airlines, said in a statement that the airport maps give travelers the confidence to quickly navigate airports despite the unfamiliar environment, therefore making the travel experience more relaxing.
"Onboarding innovative technology to leverage the potential of the fourth industrial revolution is essential for our continued success and further demonstrates our ambition to become a digital airline with Skytrax 5-star status," he said.
HD Vo, founder and chief executive officer of InMapz, said, "We are honored to collaborate with Vietnam Airlines, one of the leading airlines in the region, to leverage the InMapz mapping platform that integrates with mobile phones and location beacons."
He added, "Our open API (application programming interface) also complements other technology such as digital display touchscreen kiosks. As leading, innovative companies, we believe technology can enable today's Smart Airports to provide greater convenience to travelers."
This launch follows the previous development of the Vietnam Airlines mobile application, which allows users to search for flights, book tickets and pay using various online methods, download online mobile boarding passes, change seats, check flight schedules, receive notifications for flight delays and gate changes, and purchase additional services via a few simple taps.
The new version was built on a high-tech platform to bring customers a more user-friendly interface and enhanced functionalities.
Vietnam Airlines, a member of SkyTeam Alliance, is the flag carrier of Vietnam and the major carrier in South East Asia, operating 97 routes to 22 domestic and 29 international destinations with an average of 400 flights per day.
- British Airways Website And Mobile App Hacked
- United Airlines unveils new boarding process to shorten Group Two lines
- BA hack leaves airline open to fines under tough data rules
- Hundreds of gators caught in Palm Beach County; this map shows where
- 10 smartphone apps for the traveling boomer
- Can 18 Hours in the Air Be Bearable? Airlines Bet on Ultra-Long-Haul Flights
- Finally, N.J. and N.Y. airports will offer Wi-Fi that's stream-a-movie fast
- First Nintendo built-from-scratch mobile game off to weak start
- Passport apps help streamline re-entry after foreign travel
- Play Disney Parks app relieves boredom while waiting in line
- Uber sends fleet to map out NYC’s quickest routes
- Online ordering at Houston Whataburger locations may be around the corner ... or not
- Southwest to provide free movies on its flights
- The Latest: Thousands of North Carolina inmates evacuated
- New high-speed rail Bakersfield route costs $200M less, impacts fewer homes, board said
- The City of the Eternal Boom
- The Morning Download: Walmart Makes Blockchain a Requirement for Veggie Suppliers
- U.S. says Cuba is safer now, but there are still plenty of rules for traveling Americans
- Q&A with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: speaking out, writing for TV and basketball’s evolution
- How much is this pig worth? Enough to fly local veterans to D.C.
Vietnam Airlines incorporates airport maps into its mobile app have 631 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.