POUND sterling has been consolidating against the Euro and Dollar ahead of the weekend as the Brexit process rumbles on. It came after Parliament gave Theresa May the go-ahead to forge on with Brexit negotiations. Here’s the latest on how it’s affecting your cash. What is today’s pound to euro exchange rate? On March 4 the pound is trading at 1.1677 against the euro. The British currency is pushing higher than the euro because of hopes Brexit will be delayed.Hopes for a either a delay on Brexit and that a No Deal Brexit is unlikely have helped the sterling gain strength, according to analysts. The British currency is up 4.7 per cent verses to Euro. ING analysts said in a note: “The nonetheless rising odds of PM May’s deal succeeding (albeit we still think it is a below 50 percent probability event) are now helping GBP.2 Before the EU referendum in June 2016 a pound was trading for around €1.30. Sterling fell around 15 per cent after the result.The highest rate in recent years was €1.42 in November 2015. What affects the exchange rate? Foreign exchange (forex) markets allow currencies to be bought and sold around the world. They are… Read full this story
- Reference exchange rate up 5 VND on December 19
- Battle for Brexit: MPs start voting as Boris Johnson desperately tries to head off Oliver Letwin's 'Super Saturday' stitch-up that BLOCK decision on his deal and force him to ask for ANOTHER delay
- Battle Brothers survives gauntlet of early access
- RBA expected to cut interest rates next week, but doesn't see an economic pick-up soon
- Boris Johnson claims a new dawn for Britain after Brexit
- Boris Johnson orders Brexit countdown clock for Downing Street
- Brexit: Bill approved after May sees off rebellion
- Diet vs. Exercise: What’s Better for Quick Weight Loss?
- Scared Brits pile into fixed-rate deals - but it could end up costing them
- Withdrawal Agreement Bill: What’s different in Boris Johnson’s updated Brexit law?
- India-bound MG ZS EV and Audi Q8 secures 5-star Euro NCAP rating
- What happens after the Brexit bill is passed?
Pound to euro exchange rate - what's the latest rate as May battles for Brexit have 351 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.