More harm than good By Huynh The Du It's highly unlikely that HCMC will be able to double the road space area and length for the traffic of some two million cars in more than a decade to come – PHOTO: THANH HOA It's highly likely that the tentative motorbike ban in HCMC may face a setback. If the ban is really effective while the public transport system still fails to meet demand, a majority of motorbike drivers will turn to cars. On the contrary, the ban will intensify the public disregard of policies if it is not effective. "Pulling" the public to using public transport and "pushing" them off the use of private vehicles is the basic "push-pull" principle in solving the urban traffic problem. Viewed from this principle, the author agrees with many points in the "Draft scheme for promoting public transport in combination with controlling the use of personal motorized vehicles in HCMC." However, the city authorities should deliberate the motorbike ban message, the highlight in the draft scheme. This message is likely to accelerate the trend of converting from motorbikes to cars, which is the main cause of the worsening traffic congestion in HCMC. If the… Read full this story
- Aaron Schock’s Gay Coming Out Doesn't Cancel Out His Hypocrisy, Vanity, and The Harm He Did
- Shropshire baby deaths: Trust will return £1m it received for 'good care'
- More family harm related incidents being reported in Mid and South Canterbury
- Corellium hits back against Apple lawsuit, claims iOS virtualization is for the common good
- Lidl is selling a £10 crystal salt lamp – but is it good for sleep?
- When doctors are bullied, all of society is harmed
- 'Traders should avoid bottom fishing as it is harmful to catch a falling knife'
- Our self-defeating politics of pettiness serves no good
- Pinterest Has a New Plan to Address Self-Harm
- Happy Holi 2020: 7 Ways to Protect Your Skin from Harmful Colours
- 5 morning habits that are good for your body
- Harmful colours can put your hair & skin under stress: Post-Holi tips to get the glow back
More harm than good have 347 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.