Smart content. Deeper culture. Better access. Become a subscriber to the Washington Examiner magazine. SIGN UP! If you’d like to continue receiving Washington Examiner’s Daily on Healthcare newsletter, SUBSCRIBE HERE: http://newsletters.washingtonexaminer.com/newsletter/daily-on-healthcare/ TRUMP’S HEALTHCARE AGENDA DEALT ANOTHER BLOW: A federal judge has struck down a rule letting individuals and small businesses pool together to buy health insurance, threatening a program the Trump administration facilitated as an escape hatch from high Obamacare premiums. The ruling, issued Thursday by U.S. District Judge John Bates, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, came after 11 states and the District of Columbia sued saying that the rules violated Obamacare and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, or ERISA. Bates agreed, concluding in his opinion that the rule, issued by the Department of Labor, was “clearly an end-run around” Obamacare. He also stated the Trump administration didn’t have the authority under ERISA to change the rules. It was not immediately clear whether the administration’s up-and-running alternatives, known as “association health plans,” would still be allowed to operate. Bates in his ruling asked the Department of Labor to state whether any part of the rule could still stand. So far, association health plans have been covering… Read full this story
- Supreme Court shows support for President Trump's immigration travel ban
- Trump-the-politician seems to be hurting Trump-the-businessman — at least in New York
- Trump, Emmanuel Macron seek common ground on Iran deal that Trump calls 'insane'
- Donald Trump really wants to meet the Queen, says US ambassador
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Market to grow at a CAGR of +48% during Forecast Period
- Rapper Kanye West calls Trump ‘my brother’ — ‘very cool!’ Trump responds
- President Trump rallies in Michigan taking jabs at the media, skips White House Correspondents Dinner again
- Top Republicans accept 'alternative facts' from Trump
- U.S. ethics lawsuits against Trump part of groups' political strategy
- Paul Ryan must defend Robert Mueller against Donald Trump's worst impulses
- Abe Gets Little From Trump to Douse Political Firestorm in Japan
- How Trump stirred controversy in Nigeria
Daily on Healthcare: Trump’s healthcare agenda dealt another blow have 347 words, post on www.washingtonexaminer.com at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.