The Associated Press reports that a witness says “many” people have been killed in an active shooter situation at a mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch. Numbers of fatalities or injuries have not been confirmed by police. From AP: Witness Len Peneha says he saw a man dressed in black enter the Masjid Al Noor mosque and then heard dozens of shots, followed by people running from the mosque in terror. He says he also saw the gunman flee before emergency services arrived Peneha says he went into the mosque to try and help: “I saw dead people everywhere.” Shots have also been reported at a second location, and an explosive device was reported in a crashed car. The Guardian says there were reports of at 20 shots fired inside a mosque and the nearby Hagley Park in central Christchurch. From The Guardian: Eleanor Ainge Roy, our reporter on the ground in Christchurch, says that armed officers are entering Deyell Crescent, south of the Botanic Gardens and Al Noor Mosque, where the shootings took place. She reports the whole street has been evacuated and the street is being guarded by armed offices. There are also reports of a… Read full this story
- Former Navy SEAL, FBI Agent on How to React in Active Shooter Situation
- Holland America plans more Australia, New Zealand trips
- Ciara fans upset after singer arrives late to New Zealand show, performs for 10 minutes
- Glen Campbell cancels 'Goodbye Tour' stops in Australia, New Zealand over health concerns
- Wayne Police sharpen skills in 'active shooter' training
- NYPD issues report analyzing the 324 ‘active shooter’ incidents, including Aurora, Newtown
- FBI Creates Short Film for Active Shooter Training
- 'Active shooter' incidents can be prevented, NYPD official says
- Brooklyn-raised student among three Boston University students killed in New Zealand wreck
- New Zealand city constructs cathedral out of cardboard
- New Zealanders celebrate the end of ‘Marmageddon’
- 'Wizard of New Zealand' gets parking ticket: 'This isn't a car, it's a work of art'
Active Shooter Situation Underway at Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand [UPDATING] have 332 words, post on splinternews.com at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.