By Shannon Cobb Evans Published 12:00 am CST, Sunday, February 24, 2019 Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Realtor View: Do research before buying home, condo governed by HOA 1 / 1 Back to Gallery If you plan to buy a home or condominium this year, keep in mind that the property may be governed by a homeowners association, or HOA. More than 63 million people live within communities that are overseen by HOAs, according to the Community Associations Institute. That means 24 percent of U.S. homes are part of community associations. Many buyers appreciate the benefits provided by HOAs, but the mandatory dues and covenants, conditions and restrictions (CCRs) occasionally rub some people the wrong way. Before you make an offer on a property governed by an HOA, here are some factors to consider. What do you get from the HOA? Homeowners associations often provide access to amenities that individual residents couldn’t otherwise afford — pools, gyms, tennis courts, walking trails — and their rules can protect property values. Some associations also take on services traditionally provided by government, such as trash pickup, landscaping, street lighting and street and sidewalk maintenance. Your perfect condo may… Read full this story
- Resolution on foreigners buying homes examined
- Foreigners with three-month visas may be allowed to buy homes in Vietnam
- Less well off get help to buy homes
- Foreigners May Buy Homes, Assembly Says
- New library gives researchers a home in capital
- NA resolution on foreigners’ buying homes
- Poor city dwellers still unable to buy homes
- What do expats expect when buying homes in Vietnam?
- Ministry drafts decree to encourage overseas Vietnamese to buy homes
- Complaining farmers return home, await government help
- Affordable condos still beyond reach of low-income earners
- Home ownership rules to be relaxed for Viet Kieu
Realtor View: Do research before buying home, condo governed by HOA have 292 words, post on www.chron.com at February 23, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.