During Monday’s “New Day” on CNN, former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) acknowledged the “serious problem” at the southern border, but said it is not enough to declare a national emergency.Kasich explained President Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration “a political declaration.” “Do I think the border is a serious problem? I do. Enough to declare it a national emergency like the president is doing? No, because I think this is a political declaration,” Kasich argued. “And frankly, you don’t do end runs around Congress. The purpose of the national declaration was to say if we really have a problem here that is something that everybody agrees upon, rather than going through the formal process of running everything through the Congress, the committees, the subcommittees, the this thing, the that thing — give the president the authority to do what the president needs to do, which is in the interest and agreed to by all the parties in the country that it’s an emergency. This is not the case.” Follow Trent Baker on Twitter @MagnifiTrent
- Pennsylvania Speech Shows Again that Trump Wants to Be a Dictator
- A rightwing supreme court could be Donald Trump's most insidious legacy
- Less than 24 hours after Donald Trump declared a bogus national emergency over funding for his borde
- When It Comes to White Supremacists, Trump, You Are the Father
- Democrats will hold a full-scale vote on televised impeachment hearings like Watergate this week - and call Donald Trump's bluff on not co-operating with inquiry
- Trump Claims GOP are Afraid of the NRA; Too Bad The President Will Forget This Every Happened in 3...2...
- Trump Wants to Tie Puerto Rico Aid to Anti-Corruption Laws
- Report: Facebook pushed Oculus founder Palmer Luckey out for his political views
- Report: Facebook pushed out Oculus founder Palmer Luckey for his political views
- Melania Trump Has Never Looked Better
- National Coffee Day 2018: Where to find free or cheap coffee today
- Trump family, aides amplify GOP claims at hearing
Kasich: Trump National Emergency Declaration ‘a Political Declaration’ have 330 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 18, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.