Underneath the new Mary Poppins sky Pablo A. Tariman (The Philippine Star) – January 17, 2019 – 12:00am Film review: Mary Poppins Returns MANILA, Philippines — One must admit one went to watch Mary Poppins Returns partly out of nostalgia and partly out of curiosity as to how the new millennial version will turn out. The first version caught one in the middle ‘60s when one was still in high school and happened to be in the big city because of death in the family. One couldn’t recall exactly what instantly drew me to the movie. Was it the music, was it the voice of Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews) and the magic of her bottomless bag or was it the story of a typical London family coping with difficult times? The fact that one ended up humming some of the songs was a clue that I did like the movie which would soon become a classic like Sound of Music which was also a Julie Andrews-starrer. In the person of Emily Blunt, the new Mary Poppins had an appeal that is quite easy on the psyche. One noticed she is tall and willowy and indeed lovely which calls to mind Gemma… Read full this story
- What Mary Poppins teaches you about compound interest
- 26 surprising things you didn't know about 'Mary Poppins'
- THEN AND NOW: The cast of the original 'Mary Poppins'
- 6 characters from the original film that appear in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- Here's how 'Mary Poppins' changed the course of film history forever
- 'Aquaman' tops 'Mary Poppins Returns' and 'Bumblebee' to become king of the weekend box office
- 'Aquaman' tops 'Mary Poppins' and 'Bumblebee' in weekend ticket sales
- It's a Jolly Holiday as Theatre eXceptional presents Mary Poppins
- 'Aquaman' is already on par with other big superhero movies at the US box office, and is expected to beat 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- ‘Aquaman’ could beat ‘Mary Poppins’ in a busy holiday box-office battle
- Dror’s Magical Expandable Suitcase For Tumi Is Fit For Mary Poppins
- PHOTOS: Inside the new Boeing Blue Sky Aviation Gallery at Centennial Airport, part of Wings Over the Rockies expansion
Underneath the new Mary Poppins sky have 353 words, post on www.philstar.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.