SINGAPORE: When it comes to downloading and using mobile apps, users in Singapore are top of the class.At least that’s what App Annie regional director Jaede Tan said, when he pointed out that Singapore mobile users install, on average, 115 apps and use 46 of these – the highest among the countries the mobile and data analytics company surveyed for its recently released The State of Mobile in 2019 report. He also told Channel NewsAsia this points to a preference here for “unbundled apps” rather than super apps being pushed by companies such as Grab and Go-Jek.He added that the findings from the report showed that Singapore is a mature market.Mr Tan juxtaposed this with Indonesia, which is in the early stages of maturity. He said app downloads grow most rapidly in these markets as more consumers buy new devices and begin to build their app collection but are not necessarily heavy or active users. Singaporeans, on the other hand, have found their “go-to apps” over time and use them more, he said. “Today, Singaporeans use apps for almost every aspect of their lives, from communicating to banking and insurance, shopping, transport and even dating,” Mr Tan said.“Part of this (high number of apps)… Read full this story
- Why You Should Replace Google Play With an Alternative App Store
- The Advanced Chrome Settings You Should Be Using
- Spectre Camera, Sayonara: Wild Hearts and more: these apps won at Apple’s Best Of 2019 Special Event
- It’s Top Gun redux for Tom Cruise
- 2019 App Roundup: Tinder, Netflix in top non-gaming list, Candy Crush Saga & PUBG Mobile favourite games
- Will These Android Apps Replace Your Doctor?
- How to build a successful disaster recovery plan using multicloud technology
- Google unveils the UK's top searches in 2019 - with some hilarious results
- The top mobile apps and games of 2019
- Police conduct awareness programme on Kavalan SOS mobile app
- Disney+ mobile app has been downloaded 22 million times since launch: Apptopia
- Toyota Oculus Rift app uses virtual reality to explain distracted driving
Singapore tops mobile app use and downloads: App Annie have 340 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.