Refresh the page for live updates. All updates in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) 10:00 The US state of Hawaii is one of the last places in the world to ring in the New Year. An estimated 100,000 people are watching a fireworks display on Honolulu’s Waikiki beach. 09:00 Alaska has just celebrated the start of the New Year. In the city of Anchorage, the celebrations were somewhat of a muted affair as all types of fireworks are banned, except for official displays. The city’s public firework event ran in the early evening, not at midnight. Hours before the celebrations were due to get underway, a magnitude 5.0 earthquake struck, but no damage or injuries were reported. 08:00 The year 2019 has arrived on the west coast of the US and Canada. Around 50,000 people rang in the New Year in Los Angeles’ Grand Park where the countdown and other colorful images were projected onto the 22-story City Hall. Thousands more gathered along San Francisco’s waterfront for its midnight fireworks show, involving nearly 5,000 pyrotechnics. Las Vegas staged a typically-flashy new year party, with star performances from Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani and others, and an 8-minute firework show shot from casino resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. Canada’s biggest… Read full this story
- January 2019 tech sales: the deals to look out for this New Year
- New The Outer Worlds Update Coming Next Week, Full Patch Notes Listed
- Kane Williamson Shines As New Zealand Beat Afghanistan In World Cup Stroll
- Live updates: PG&E says power restored to 99% of customer accounts in Bay Area
- Harvey Nichols Black Friday 2019 – will the retailer be taking part?
- Day Two at the Javits Center: The New York International Auto Show
- Who is Strictly 2019 star Karim Zeroual, does he have a secret girlfriend and is he on social media?
- World Cup 2018, Brazil vs Switzerland: When And Where To Watch, Live Coverage On TV, Live Streaming Online
- The news images of the year: Brexit anger, Hong Kong protests and Theresa May’s tearful goodbye feature in Getty’s pick of 2019’s best photographs
- Google I/O 2019: What to expect, from Android Q to Pixel 3a and more
- US Women’s soccer star Alex Morgan announces she is three months pregnant – just three months after World Cup win
- "We've got to move on from 'that'" - de Grandhomme on the WC final
+++ New Year's 2019 around the world - live updates +++ have 383 words, post on www.dw.com at January 1, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.