Mary Poppins Returns to Form Fiel Estrella (The Philippine Star) – January 12, 2019 – 12:00am The sequel to the unforgettable Disney masterpiece is no new classic, but it’s still got a little spring in its step. MANILA, Philippines — Over the past few years, Disney has been making its way through its catalog of classics in an ongoing effort to produce and reimagine live-action remakes, spin-offs, and sequels.The latest among these is Mary Poppins Returns, a sequel to the 1964 masterpiece starring Julie Andrews, directed by Chicago and Into the Woods director Rob Marshall. Mary Poppins Returns finds siblings Michael and Jane Banks all grown up, played with plucky sincerity by recent Golden Globe winner Ben Whishaw and Emily Mortimer, respectively. Michael is raising three precocious children by himself, as his wife passed away the year before. Worse still, struggling in the midst of the Great Slump, they find out that they are about to lose their beloved childhood home because Michael has failed to make payments for the loan he has taken out at the Fidelity Fiduciary Bank. When the youngest Banks child, Georgie, finds an old kite his father has thrown out, he flies it in the… Read full this story
- Our predictions for this year's Oscar winners
- Oscar predictions 2019: who will win tonight?
- Queen movie to rock Knebworth House at outdoor cinema season
- Norfolk dancer stars in Swan Lake at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Bucks community news (April 18)
- World Book Day 2019 costumes from Aldi, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, and Argos
- All you need to know about popular annual Kesgrave 5k Fun Run
Mary Poppins Returns to Form have 268 words, post on www.philstar.com at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.