When Chris Christie first met Donald Trump, over dinner at the Manhattan restaurant Jean-Georges in 2002, the developer ordered for both of them. This power move has received insufficient study. When Zadie Smith met Jay-Z, he did this to her, too. “Apparently,” she wrote about the encounter, “I look like the fish-sandwich type.” Trump had waiters bring Christie the seared scallops and the roasted lamb loin. “I’m allergic to scallops,” Christie recalls in his new memoir, “Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics.” He adds, “I’ve always hated lamb.” The future governor of New Jersey was gleaning lessons in domination. He was an apt pupil. “Let Me Finish” is a superficial and ungainly book that tries to cover so many bases at once — it’s a series of attacks and justifications, it’s a master class in sucking up and kicking down, it’s a potted memoir, it’s a stab at political rehabilitation — that reading it is like watching an octopus try to play the bagpipes. At heart it’s a reminder that, before Bridgegate, before the 2016 presidential election and before the infamous photographs of him sunbathing on a closed beach during a… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s application for new golf course approved
- Donald Trump's bid to keep tax records from House fails
- Donald Trump says Kevin McAleenan is out at Homeland Security
- Steve Schwarzman: Here's what people get wrong about Donald Trump
- Why try to impeach Donald Trump?
- Donald Trump Jr. condemns 'disgusting and graphic violence' in spoof mass-shooting video played to supporters at conference where he spoke – but insists he hasn't watched the mashup meme
- 'Maybe we should just impeach them!' Donald Trump blasts Nancy Pelosi and 'very narrow necked' Adam Schiff and says 'extreme left wing radicals' want to 'shred the Constitution'
- Donald Trump 'strongly condemns this video' says press secretary after graphic spoof mass shooting video of him massacring 'the fake news,' Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama is shown to supporters at his resort
- Naga Munchetty reprimanded by BBC for Donald Trump comments
- EXCLUSIVE: SNL alum David Spade insists he WON'T make Donald Trump jokes on his new comedy show like his late night rivals - even if it means losing viewers - because the president is 'an easy target'
- Donald Trump should go to PRISON according to majority of Democrats in early voting primary states as just 1 in 6 don't want the president impeached
- Greta Thunberg’s glare at Donald Trump goes viral
In ‘Let Me Finish,’ Chris Christie Goes Easy on Donald Trump, Saving Fire for Steve Bannon and Others have 425 words, post on www.nytimes.com at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.