WASHINGTON – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s request to delay President Donald Trump’s State of Union address has been met with silence from the White House, yet another indication there is no movement toward ending a partial government shutdown that is nearing its fifth week. Pelosi said Thursday the White House has yet to respond to her letter asking that the speech – scheduled for Jan. 29 – be delayed until after the government reopens or that Trump submit it to Congress in writing instead. The California Democrat remained adamant that the speech should be postponed if the government has not reopened. “It isn’t as if that date is sacred for any reason,” she said. Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Congress, Trump working through partial government shutdown Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Democratic Senator from Vermont Patrick Leahy, right, Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, second from right, and Senate democrats carry photographs of furloughed federal workers during a press conference urging President Trump to reopen the government outside the US Capitol Capitol in Washington, DC. on Jan. 16, 2019. Senate democrats outlined effects the shutdown, now in its 25th day, is having on American workers and families and called on… Read full this story
- Here's the June lineup for Splash House 2018, including Autograf, What So Not, Duke Dumont
- Tulare Union's David Dailey making an impact on offense and defense
- Nancy Pelosi's freshmen critics go quiet as major speaker vote looms
- An irreverent preview of Penn State's season: Eating brains and castrating hogs?
- Michigan State vs. Oregon football in the Redbox Bowl: How to watch on TV, stream online
- White House to Hold Roundtable With Tech Executives on Innovation
- Joe Lockhart: Abandoning the White House daily briefing is a big mistake
- White House Advisor Stephen Miller: ‘The President of the United States Is the Whistleblower’
- How to Care for House Plants
- Former White House tech leader says he's got a fix for blockchain woes
- Midwestern State University recognizes 1,194 students for Fall 2018 honor rolls
- The Blinding Whiteness of the Coen Brothers’ Wild West
White House silent on House Speaker Pelosi's call to delay State of Union address have 345 words, post on www.app.com at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.