11 minutes ago One of the most discussed topics in the realm of VR was the lawsuit surrounding Oculus and ZeniMax. Some saw the lawsuit that really hampered the potential growth of VR, while others saw it as Facebook getting its comeuppance. No matter which side you fall on, the lawsuit over the Oculus VR headset is officially over. In a press release issued by ZeniMax Media, the mega-corporation announced that it had agreed to settle the litigation that was brought against Facebook over the Oculus Rift headset, which is owned by Facebook when the company bought out the Oculus brand back in 2014. So there’s some interesting information in the press release by ZeniMax. First of all, the company does not reveal how much the settlement was that was reached between ZeniMax and Facebook. It is mentioned that in the original ruling, the jury came out in favor of ZeniMax, with Facebook being hit with a $500 million verdict. Facebook, however, appealed the decision after the District Court reduced the overall damages to $250 million. Before the appeal could be completed, ZeniMax and Facebook managed to meet the settlement, which is likely less than the $250 million number. It… Read full this story
- ZeniMax sues Oculus VR for misappropriation of trade secrets
- Oculus Rift VR Lawsuit: Zenimax And id Software Officially Sue For 'Misappropriating Trade Secrets'
- Oculus: ZeniMax suit is a 'transparent attempt to take advantage' of Facebook acquisition
- Oculus Rift Dev Working on Motion Controllers, Which Could Upset Third Parties - Report
- Words With Friends Co-Creator Making an Oculus Rift-Exclusive Game
- Oculus Ditches E3 2017 Attendance
- ZeniMax grills Zuckerberg on how quickly Facebook snatched up Oculus
- Almost Everything That Happened in Gaming & Tech Between The Release Of Kingdom Hearts 2 & 3
- Lindsay Lohan Sues GTA 5's Rockstar,Take-Two For 'Unequivocal' And Unflattering Reference
- The state of virtual reality
The Oculus VR Lawsuit Is Officially Over have 297 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.