Although some might consider this blasphemy, given that the SimCity franchise is most commonly associated with the PC and Mac, my first encounter with Will Wright’s SimCity was on the Super Nintendo (SNES). Though the game wasn’t quite as good as it was on other, more powerful platforms, the SNES version of SimCity captured my imagination with its deceptively simple city building mechanics. Now a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) version of the original SimCity has appeared online. Last year, two prototype cartridges for the game surfaced at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Now, courtesy of the Video Game History Foundation’s Frank Cifaldi, digital copies of the game are available online. Along with the game’s ROM file, Cifaldi also released an in-depth look at the history of SimCity for the NES. Cifaldi says that Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of classic video game franchises like Zelda and Mario, wanted to develop a city building simulation game for the NES. Rather than create an entirely original title, he opted to collaborate with SimCity creator Will Wright on a version of the game for the NES and SNES. It’s unclear why the game was cancelled given that it seems complete. It’s likely that Nintendo wanted its… Read full this story
- We've got 50 years catching up to do! Long-lost sisters separated through adoption finally meet five decades later
- War portrait of doomed youth that's worth a million selfies: CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews Long Lost Family Special: The Unknown Soldiers
- 'He'll come home one day:' Emotional woman pays respects to her great uncle who died at war aged 19 in Long Lost Family - despite detectives failing to find a body with matching DNA
- Winter Haven Twins to Appear in TLC's "Long Lost Family"
- Long-lost Italian Renaissance painting sells for 24 million euros
- Long-lost 13th-century painting found in French woman's kitchen sells at auction for $26.6M
- Long-lost 13th century painting from Renaissance artist found in woman's kitchen
- AI Helps Sharpen Pics of Long-Lost Beagle 2 Martian Lander
- 'Lost' Steve Jobs Interview Surfaces on iTunes
- Discovering long-lost secrets for waking the dead, becoming invisible
- Rooting for the long-lost Senators: Many memories, few wins
- Inside the Beltway: Long lost letters of Ronald Reagan discovered
Long lost version of SimCity for the NES surfaces have 373 words, post on mobilesyrup.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.