East Rutherford, N.J. — Aaron Rodgers refused to sit this one out, even with the playoffs out of the question. And he willed the Green Bay Packers from setting some dubious franchise history. A banged-up Rodgers threw a 16-yard touchdown pass to Davante Adams with 6:23 left in overtime, capping an eye-popping performance by leading the Packers to a wild 44-38 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday. The win was the Packers’ first on the road this season — snapping a nine-game skid away from Lambeau Field dating to last season — and it prevented them from becoming the first Green Bay squad since 1958 to go an entire season without a win away from home. “It’s good for the young guys to see what the locker room on the road feels like with a win, what the plane flight feels like,” Rodgers said. “How special that plane ride is after a road victory.” And this one was all on Rodgers, who was masterful in the fourth quarter and the overtime period for the Packers (6-8-1). He threw for 442 yards and touchdowns to Adams and Jake Kumerow, and also ran for two scores — his first since the 2016 season. That’s despite… Read full this story
- NBA Finals: Despite James' 51, Warriors grab controversial OT win in Game 1
- Live NBA Finals postgame: Players, coaches on Warriors’ OT win over Cavs
- A Texas Wild Card Wins Spelling Bee With ‘Koinonia’
- Roller's first Ogden home run, bottom of lineup power Raptors to series win
- Belgium unleash their attacking power in 5-2 win over Tunisia
- Wales power to fine away win against Argentina
- Penfield girls pull off dramatic OT win in Class A lacrosse semifinals
- AFL Power Rankings 2018: Round 11
- FRMF President Encourages Atlas Lions to Keep Morale High
- Detroit Lions mailbag: How good will running game be in 2018?
- Report: Raiders to hold joint training camp practices with Lions
- Glenda Jackson wins very first Tony Award at age 82
Lions' next opponent: Rodgers powers Packers to wild OT win have 327 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at December 23, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.