(CNN)With a holiday government shutdown looming in the United States, there could be an impact not just on government workers but on you and public health — but that impact is expected to be small. At midnight Friday, funding is set to expire for several key federal agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security, Justice, Interior, State and Housing and Urban Development. There’s no guarantee that lawmakers can come up with a plan that President Donald Trump will support to extend the rapidly approaching deadline. Meanwhile, a partial government shutdown appears to be likely. How a partial government shutdown could play out: By the numbers An administration official told CNN that “If a lapse in appropriations were to take place, a majority of [Homeland Security] activities would continue. For instance, those protecting our borders with the customs and Border Patrol will continue to do so. “Additionally, activities that are supported by multi-year funding, such as [the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s] Disaster Relief Fund, will continue operations.” Read More The Department of Health and Human Services referred questions to its contingency plan. The plan says that “HHS’ contingency plans for agency operations in the absence of appropriations for Agriculture and Interior… Read full this story
- Government shutdown delays SpaceX's Falcon Heavy test fire
- Patients turned away, SpaceX delays: here’s how the government shutdown hits science
- Government Shutdown Threatens Future NASA Missions
- Google Nexus 5 delayed by government shutdown?
- Comments for : Google Nexus 5 delayed by government shutdown?
- Columbia receives grant to study impact of expanded global gag rule on women's health
- Are smartphones really harmful to our health?
- Private sector may be able to access My Health Record data for research
- What factors affect quality of life in older patients with cancer?
- Miami Student Government Pushing For Increased Campus Mental Health Services
- What Could Open Government Learn from Us Open Technology folks?
- Obamacare enrollment only slightly affected by Trump administration's budget cuts, shortened deadline
How a partial government shutdown could affect your health: 'It's narrow' have 330 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.