AS Britain’s favourite nanny Mary Poppins, she sprinkles magic over the lives of the children in her care. But Emily Blunt’s own formative years were far from the “practically perfect” tag from the classic kids’ story. Life for the future Bafta-winning actress was blighted by a debilitating stutter, which brought relentless mocking by her classmates. Aged 12, she stopped speaking altogether. She recalled: “I thought, ‘Why am I like this? “Why have I got this stupid voice problem? Everyone else can talk, what’s my problem?’ “My friends started to accept my stutter as just who I was, but I didn’t like being accepted in that way.” However today, 35-year-old Emily has the last laugh on the bullies, as a Hollywood star with an £11million fortune, the lifestyle to match — and the lead role in top film for Christmas, Mary Poppins Returns. She has certainly come a long way since her desperate parents Joanna and Oliver enrolled her in various therapies to try to cure her stammer. It was only when Emily discovered acting in her teens that she began to overcome it. She said: “It still comes back and flares if I’m really tired. When I was pregnant it was really… Read full this story
- Utah women's basketball star Emily Potter goes public about her battle with depression
- England rugby hero Martin Bayfield goes from being punched on rugby pitch to Hollywood star in Harry Potter
- L-L League lacrosse all-star Emily Eddowes drops by LNP Studio for 'Inspirational Athletes' [podcast]
- Geno Auriemma might have subtweeted Arike Ogunbowale in 2014. She definitely got revenge.
- Terry Rozier made a brave play against LeBron. Then LeBron got revenge.
- Tim Cowlishaw: Inside ex-Stars coach Ken Hitchcock’s decision to retire and take consultant role
- KU-bound Ochai Agbaji is The Star’s All-Metro player of the year. See the full team
- High School standings, polls, schedules and leaders (May 15)
- High school scores & schedules (May 9)
- Bullying In Glenview Schools: Here's What Parents Are Saying
- High school track notebook: Harvard signee Kelisa Cain sets meet record
- High school scores & schedules (April 24)
Hollywood star Emily Blunt was taunted over her stammer by school bullies — but she got her revenge with Mary Poppins role have 355 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 13, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.