Greenbrier High School senior Luke Jones was recently awarded a baseball scholarship to Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville.
Jones, a position player and catcher, received nearly a full ride to play for Tech, a division one team, according to his family.
The senior has worked to improve his game as a Bobcat since his freshman year and has played for the Knights Organization, a Nashville-area travel baseball team, during the past two summers. He is scheduled to play with the Knights on their 18U Platinum team this coming summer, according to his mother, Traci Jones.
Luke Jones has racked up several awards and accomplishments during his high school career.
During his freshman year, he saw 81 at bats and recorded 28 hits, two homeruns, 20 RBIs (or runs batted in) and 18 scored runs.
As a sophomore, he saw 100 at bats and recorded 51 hits, five homeruns, 48 RBIs and 10 scored runs, and, as a junior, he recorded 79 at bats and recorded 34 hits, seven homeruns, 47 RBIs and 12 scored runs.
During his sophomore year, Jones was named a 9AA all district player, a Tennessee Baseball Report super sophomore and TBR Region 5 MVP.
As a junior, he was named the 9AA District MVP and named to the Tennessee Baseball Report’s all region list, Region 5 Tennessee Baseball Coaches Association all region team, Team Tennessee selection and TCBA Class AA All state team.
- College Baseball Roundup: Freshman Lindley lifts Clemson over Tennessee Tech
- Michigan State ties biggest win, 101-33 over Tennessee Tech
- Tennessee Tech football names Dewayne Alexander new coach
- Tennessee Tech brings back Dewayne Alexander as head coach
- Texas WR Collin Johnson, S Brandon Jones out vs. Texas Tech
- Jonathan Jones plays pivotal part in Patriots’ winning Super Bowl strategy
- Tennessee Tech baseball beats Vanderbilt: How it impacts NCAA tournament picture
- Tennessee Tech puts nation's longest win streak on line vs. Tennessee
- Tennessee Tech, Michigan have college baseball’s top streaks
- Wolverines, Tennessee Tech have college baseball’s top streaks
- Live updates: Ole Miss vs. Tennessee Tech in NCAA regional baseball championship
- Vanderbilt, Tennessee Tech get bids to NCAA baseball tournament