Greenbrier High School senior Luke Jones was recently awarded a baseball scholarship to Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville. Jones, a position player and catcher, received nearly a full ride to play for Tech, a division one team, according to his family. The senior has worked to improve his game as a Bobcat since his freshman year and has played for the Knights Organization, a Nashville-area travel baseball team, during the past two summers. He is scheduled to play with the Knights on their 18U Platinum team this coming summer, according to his mother, Traci Jones. Luke Jones has racked up several awards and accomplishments during his high school career. During his freshman year, he saw 81 at bats and recorded 28 hits, two homeruns, 20 RBIs (or runs batted in) and 18 scored runs. As a sophomore, he saw 100 at bats and recorded 51 hits, five homeruns, 48 RBIs and 10 scored runs, and, as a junior, he recorded 79 at bats and recorded 34 hits, seven homeruns, 47 RBIs and 12 scored runs. During his sophomore year, Jones was named a 9AA all district player, a Tennessee Baseball Report super sophomore and TBR Region 5 MVP. As a… Read full this story
- Mixing Work and Play: The High-Tech Hotel Lobby
- Not even a fairytale World Series finish could conceal baseball's warts
- Cloudgine’s Cloud Tech Similar to Crackdown 3’s Works on All Platforms; Here Is What it Can Do
- Analysis: Play Ball - On Realism In Baseball Games
- Column: 'Playing Catch Up: Stormfront Studios' Don Daglow'
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Federal Agencies Face Mobile Tech Catch-22
- Take the World Baseball Classic with You Everywhere with ‘PowerPros 2013’
- Minor League Baseball reports by the Associated Press are written by machines
- Cissy Jones on Being the Voice of Firewatch
- Indiana Jones 5 Will Be Directed by Steven Spielberg, Could See Harrison Ford Return – Report
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet, for the week of November 10, 2013
- Tech Big Shots Rumored Lining Up for Twitter
Greenbrier's Jones to play baseball at Tennessee Tech have 322 words, post on www.tennessean.com at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.