Government shutdown: Compromise unlikely before end of year A partial government shutdown will enter its seventh day Friday amid no signs that Congress and the White House are any closer to ending their standoff. The House and Senate returned to work Thursday but quickly adjourned after scheduling no votes. Border wall funding has been at the center of a budget dispute that has shut down nine federal departments and several smaller agencies since Saturday, forcing about 800,000 federal employees to go on furlough or work without pay. President Donald Trump demanded $5 billion for the border wall, although he insisted repeatedly during his presidential campaign that he’d make Mexico pay for the structure — congressional Dems refuse to give him the funding, arguing that a wall would be ineffective and a waste of money. Officially, both the House and the Senate each are scheduled to reconvene Monday, New Year’s Eve. • Government shutdown: How does it affect you? | Which national parks are open?Why are Trump and Congress still getting paid amid a partial government shutdown?Agency: Gov’t workers could do painting, carpentry work to pay rent during shutdown DHS Secretary to visit El Paso after migrant children die in custody Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen is scheduled to visit El Paso Friday to see… Read full this story
- Mega Millions Jackpot Rises To $375 Million
- Mega Millions Jackpot Rises To $522 Million Hours Before Drawing
- Mega Millions Jackpot Climbs To $433 Million Ahead Of Friday’s Drawing
- Mega Millions Jackpot Swells to Record Territory With $654 Million Prize
- Mega Millions Jackpot Now $970 Million For Friday’s Drawing
- Mega Millions Jackpot Climbs to $321 Million for Christmas Night Drawing
- You've Won the Mega Millions Jackpot. Now What?
- Mega Millions Jackpot Up To $475 Million For Next Drawing
- How to Protect Your Privacy If You Hit the $415 Million Mega Millions Jackpot
- Mega Millions Jackpot Soars To $654M With No Big Winner
- Mega Millions Jackpot At $970 Million Ahead Of Friday’s Drawing
- Mega Millions Jackpot Surges To $548 Million
Government shutdown, Mega Millions jackpot: 5 things to know Friday have 332 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.