Mary Poppins always knew how to make an entrance, and her return in the new Disney musical is as magical as ever. It just took a little longer than most expected – a sequel we’ve waited more than half a century to see. The children she cared for have grown, but their nanny is mostly unchanged: Michael Banks: “Good heavens, it really is you. You hardly seem to have aged at all.” Unchanged, except for the actress who now plays her, Emily Blunt. She described the character as a superhero. “I think she is. But yet, what I really like about her is the great mystery” Blunt said. “She doesn’t reveal her inner workings to anybody, so you have no idea who she is, where she’s come from. “And she’s completely eccentric, batty, weird, funny, very vain.” Blunt’s Mary Poppins is a tad more tart than the Mary moviegoers first fell in love with back in 1964. But Blunt did not allow Julie Andrews’ Oscar-winning performance to intimidate her. Correspondent Anthony Mason asked, “Did you have any reservations about playing this part?” “I have to say I was rather stunned, but I know it was an instantaneous ‘yes,’ because… Read full this story
- The Mary Poppins Principle - Why We Need Fun on the Spiritual Path
- In Search of Mary Poppins
- Emily I'll Carry You
- The Expressionist, Post-impressionist, and the Fauvist World of Emily Carr
- Managing the Information Technology Infrastructure of the Queen Mary 2
- Can You Build a Mary Kay Business Through Catalog Sales?
- Cold Calling - How to Get Your Voice Mails Returned!
- All the New and Returning Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, and Otherwise Geeky TV Shows Coming This Fall
- Danny and Life on Bluff Point - The Conflict by Mary Ellen Lee - Book Review
- Soul Discovery By Joan Marie Whelan, Intuition Girl
- Cut the Size of Government and Return Inflated Property Taxes to Help Homeowners Stop Foreclosure
- Business Planning - A 2:1 Return on Investment
Emily Blunt on "Mary Poppins Returns" have 333 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at December 15, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.