Dust off your fan theories, kids, because Breaking Bad is coming back as a movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter, show creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie that their sources say “will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.” There’s still a lot we don’t know, including whether any of the actors from the original AMC series will be returning, when in time it takes place, or whether the film will be airing on television or in theaters. What we do know, however, is that the project is codenamed Greenbrier, it will “follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom,” and, yes, it’s filming in New Mexico.
Update November 7, 2:55pm: Byran Cranston called into The Dan Patrick show and confirmed a Breaking Bad movie is in development stages. He has been in touch with Gilligan about it, but he has not seen a script yet. And while he would suit up again as Walter White should Gilligan ask him to do it, Cranston says he doesn’t know how much his character would be involved in a continuation of the story.
- Vince Gilligan penning Breaking Bad movie but will Walter White return?
- A 'Breaking Bad' Movie Is Reportedly About To Shoot In New Mexico
- Netflix October 2019 Releases: Peaky Blinders, El Camino Breaking Bad Movie, The Dark Knight, and More
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Starts Filming in New Mexico This Month
- Jesse Pinkman is on the run in latest Break Bad movie trailer
- Jesse Pinkman is on the run in latest Breaking Bad movie trailer
- BRIAN VINER: El Camino's Breaking Bad Movie is paved with flashbacks but also reveals what happened next
- Report: A Breaking Bad movie could come from creator Vince Gilligan
- The Breaking Bad Movie Will Reportedly Premiere on Netflix, Not AMC
- The Breaking Bad Movie Is Happening, and It’s Coming to Netflix, Too
- Aaron Paul plays coy about "Breaking Bad" movie, says "it has to star Jesse"