Dust off your fan theories, kids, because Breaking Bad is coming back as a movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter, show creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie that their sources say “will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.” There’s still a lot we don’t know, including whether any of the actors from the original AMC series will be returning, when in time it takes place, or whether the film will be airing on television or in theaters. What we do know, however, is that the project is codenamed Greenbrier, it will “follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom,” and, yes, it’s filming in New Mexico.
Update November 7, 2:55pm: Byran Cranston called into The Dan Patrick show and confirmed a Breaking Bad movie is in development stages. He has been in touch with Gilligan about it, but he has not seen a script yet. And while he would suit up again as Walter White should Gilligan ask him to do it, Cranston says he doesn’t know how much his character would be involved in a continuation of the story.
- Breaking Bad -- TV Review
- Sony TV Chiefs on 'Blacklist' Heat, 'Breaking Bad' and Losing 'Walking Dead' (Q&A)
- Rule Breakers 2013: 'Duck Dynasty,' Bowie and 'Breaking Bad'
- 'Breaking Bad's' Vince Gilligan Reveals Details of 'Saul' Spinoff and Terror Over What's Next
- A Favorite 'Star Trek: Discovery' Character Makes a Return in 'Saints of Imperfection'
- 'Bad' Habit
- DVD Review: Hancock
- Film Review: Hancock
- Screenwriters Choice Awards Nominees Include 'Blue Jasmine,' 'Her,' '12 Years a Slave'
- Producers Guild Film Nominations Revealed
- 'Star Trek's' Damon Lindelof on 'Star Wars' Influences and His 'Fatal Flaw' (Q&A)
- Beyond Atticus Finch: What character embodies your masculine ideal?