Golf superstar Tiger Woods has made headlines for his on-course comeback – but his financial clout is also as powerful as ever.
The 14-time Major winner started the year ranked at world No.656 after being plagued by back injuries which kept him out of action for the majority of the last two years.
His dramatic win in the 2018 Tour Championship in September marked the return of an iconic figure which saw golf fans around the world rejoice.
Yet despite his on-course downfall and well-publicised personal problems, Woods always remained a financial force to be reckoned with.
And his revival, which has been dubbed by some as the greatest comeback in sports history, has only enhanced his monetary worth.
What is Tiger Woods’ net worth?
According to Forbes, Woods’ net worth sat at a staggering $740million (£580m) in 2016, ranking him No.7 on Forbes list of America’s Wealthiest Celebrities.
That estimate of his net worth came as he remained sidelined with his back problems and, for context, was nearly double the $375million worth of golf rival Phil Mickelson.
Woods sits way clear of his rivals in terms of all-time on-course earnings, taking home a cool $115.5million across his career, more than $25m higher than Mickelson, who is second on the list by a clear margin.
In 2017, despite minimal success, he still took away $1.3m for his on-course exploits.
His earnings are now only set to sky rocket, with a revolutionary, one-off match with Phil Mickelson in Las Vegas alone carrying a $9million, winner-takes-all prize fund.
However, it is away from the course that the Tiger Woods brand makes him the second wealthiest athlete behind only basketball legend Michael Jordan.
Big money deals with companies such as Nike, TaylorMade, Bridgestone and Monster Energy gave Woods a $42million income in 2017.
Since turning professional in 1996, he has reportedly made $1.5 billion with less than 10% of that coming directly from prize money.
At the height of his fame in the mid-late 2000s, Woods was said to earn around $100m from endorsements annually.
His 2009 cheating scandal saw many big name partners drop Woods from their brands, including AT&T, Gatorade, Gillette, Golf Digest and Tag Heuer.
Yet whilst that impacted his wealth, the loyalty of top partner Nike has paid dividends as he signed a new $200m deal with the sportswear giant in 2013.
The majority of people can only imagine what they would do with the remarkable amount of money Woods has earned.
How does Woods spend his money?
The American golfer saw his 2010 divorce settlement cost him $100m.
He still possesses a 155-foot long yacht, which he unsuccessfully tried to sell for $25m a few years ago, and owns a $54m private jet.
His Florida mansion was built from scratch at a cool $55m cost, complete with private docks and a short golf course.
The Tiger Woods Foundation also receives plenty of his time and money. He was said to give $12m to his charity in 2012.
After taking home $43.3m in 2017, Woods’ successful comeback will almost certainly see that substantially increase and add to his estimated $740m net worth.
Who is his girlfriend?
The love life of Tiger Woods has never been far away from the headlines since his cheating scandal was exposed in 2009 and he separated from ex-wife Elin Nordegren.
He famously dated ski star Lindsey Vonn from 2012 until 2015, but now he is linked to Erica Herman, with the pair being spotted together at various golf tournaments and other major events.
Ms Herman, 33, formerly managed a restaurant owned by Woods in Florida and they went public with their relationship in November 2017.
Using that time frame, Woods jumped over a thousand spots in the World Golf Rankings in the year that followed the start of his relationship with Herman so she appears to have had a positive influence!
- Tiger Woods net worth 2018: How many majors has golf legend won, and who’s his girlfriend?
- Tiger Woods net worth 2018: How many majors has golf legend won and who is his girlfriend?
- Tiger Woods net worth and how he spends his millions
- Tiger Woods' net worth revealed amid golfing superstar's latest comeback
- What is Tiger Woods’ net worth, why has the champion golfer been arrested and how many majors has he won?
- Meet Tiger Woods’ ‘gold digger’ girlfriend Erica Herman who pursued him for 10 years and has now saved his life
- How Tiger Woods’s ‘normal’ girlfriend healed golf’s flawed genius to achieve one of the greatest sports comebacks of all time
- How many majors has Tiger Woods won, what is his net worth and how is his girlfriend?
- Tiger Woods profiled ahead of latest bid to win The Masters
- Video: Tiger Woods Has Perfect Response After Watching Clip of Haters and Doubters
- How family man Phil Mickelson is pitted against love cheat Tiger Woods in £7m golfing showdown