Hollywood star Mark Hamill has teamed up with a British bionics company to send a positive message to children and adults with limb differences around the world.
The actor, whose Star Wars character Luke Skywalker lost a hand in an epic lightsabre battle with nemesis Darth Vader, shared the message on social media on Monday where it has been viewed thousands of times.
Hamill says in the video: “Now kids, be yourself. You can do anything. There are no barriers you can’t break, no challenges you can’t overcome.
“Remember, Luke lost his hand to Vader, but that didn’t stop him from defeating the Empire.
“So have courage, be determined, and always remember that your limb difference is your very own superpower. And may The Force be with you all.”
The message has been viewed thousands of times on Twitter and YouTube.
One Twitter user wrote: “What a fantastic message and from a brilliant influential figure, who was dealing with a character with a prosthetic limb before it was even technically possible! Such a positive force!”
Another said: “This proves that Mr. @HamillHimself is just as much of a hero offscreen as he is on!
“Thanks for this sweet message to the super Younglings that get to be like the one and only #LukeSkywalker.”
One YouTube user wrote: “I am a 37 year old man and I have a 6 year old daughter with a limb difference. Thank you Mark.”
Open Bionics makes custom-built prosthetic limbs, or “hero arms”, for children and adults which are controlled by the user’s muscles.
- Caution - A War for Talent Mindset May be Hazardous to Your Results
- How Subliminal Messaging CDs Work
- Subliminal Messaging - Historical Perspective
- Forget DMs. Celebrities Want You to Text Them.
- And Then The End Shall Come
- Starting Over In Oakland
- Backcountry 4 - Wheel Drives- Movie Landscapes
- Lessons for Life Love
- There Is A Fossil Watch For Any Occasion
- Why You Must Be a Story Expert
- The Psychology of Employee Motivation
- Pervasive Computing
- Geeks and Baseball
- America's Secret Weapons: Mind Control and Biowarfare
- The Next Opportunity - Predicting The Future
- Forces and Trends in Business
- How to Tie-In With News Events to Score Publicity
- New Mobile Applications Shock Market
- Women We Honor this Memorial Day
- How Movies Can Help Develop Your Leadership
Star Wars’ Mark Hamill teams up with bionic limb company for viral message have 442 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.