An aide for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., the latest prominent Democrat to announce plans to form a presidential exploratory committee, says Warren supports Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s the “Green New Deal” proposed by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-New York, further elevating the status of the plan at the highest levels of the Democratic Party. In expressing her support for the plan, Warren joins Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, and Cory Booker, D-New Jersey, both of whom have expressed interest in running for president in 2020. The Green New Deal has been hailed by Democrats and liberal pundits as one of the most important proposals to tackle global warming in decades, but don’t be fooled: Many supporters of the Green New Deal know it will do absolutely nothing to reduce global temperature or prevent future temperature rise—the primary purpose of the proposal, according to Ocasio-Cortez. The real goal of the Green New Deal is to impose a series of radical, socialistic programs—policies that would dramatically increase the size and power of the federal government, cause immense harm to the U.S. economy, and run up the national debt by trillions of dollars. In a proposed draft resolution to form a House committee to create legislation for the Green New Deal, Ocasio-Cortez provided important… Read full this story
- A recession is coming. When it does, we need to demand a Green New Deal
- What is the Green New Deal and is it technically possible?
- UN calls for 'Global Green New Deal' to boost world economy
- What would a real Green New Deal look like?
- The world’s mayors are calling for a Global Green New Deal
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: 'Dreams of motherhood now taste bittersweet' due to climate change
- Conservatives are terrified of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. And so they should be
- Ocasio-Cortez outrages Republicans by refusing to respect their ignorance
- 'They're just mad we look good!' Socialist congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lashes out at conservative reporter who outed her $312 haircut in D.C.
- How climate change could spark more Ebola outbreaks: Experts warn global warming will drive animals infected with the virus into contact with millions more humans
- Blowing-up asteroid to block out Sun could stop global warming
- EU's Michel Barnier pours cold water on hopes of new deal by October 31 saying backstop negotiations have not made 'as much progress' as hoped
Opinion: Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’ is not about global warming have 392 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.