New Delhi (CNN)A missing transgender activist campaigning for a state assembly seat in the southern Indian state of Telangana has turned up safe and well after fears she had been kidnapped. Police told CNN Chandramukhi Muvvala had presented herself at the police station, but had not given a statement because of an active writ of habeus corpus, filed with a court after she was reported missing by her daughter on Tuesday. “Because of the habeus corpus, we have to first produce her in court,” said Banjara Hills assistant police commissioner KC Rao. “Then we will record her statement and start the investigation.” Alarm had been raised about Chandramukhi’s whereabouts after she had not been seen since earlier this week, even as political campaigning for next month’s state elections continues. The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative, a New Delhi-based NGO, said in an open letter to Indian authorities that Chandramukhi Muvvala had been “untraceable since Tuesday morning.” Read More “She went missing the day after starting her election campaign and there is concern that she may have been kidnapped,” the group said. Voters in Telangana go to the polls early next month to elect new state legislators, along with four other regions,… Read full this story
- Del Potro's knee still an issue, to miss Indian Wells
- The 1st list of Cebuano political candidates
- Munro: Left Attacks ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ for Excluding Transgender Contestants
- Trump moves to ban most transgenders in military
- The Political Money Game
- Women candidates 'tired of waiting' make record gains in US Congress
- When Transgender Travelers Walk Into U.S. Scanners, Invasive Searches Sometimes Await
- Beware of the lions: a comedian's guide to the Indian election
- Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray shares Election Day checklist
- BJP top spender on political ads on digital platforms
- Sorry Miss, but you look like a man!
- Indian building collapse kills three, 12 missing
Missing Indian transgender political candidate found have 314 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.