Admitting that his business in India in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2018 was flat and weak currency trends are just speed bumps, Apple CEO Tim Cook said he is a big believer in the country and can’t wait for the future there. In an earnings call after announcing Apple’s Q4 results late Thursday, Cook said he has had really great productive discussions with the Indian government. “We’ve had really great productive discussions with the Indian government, and I fully expect that at some point, they will agree to allow us to bring our stores into the country,” Cook responded to a question. “We’ve been in discussions with them, and the discussions are going quite well,” the Apple CEO added. Cook noted that the currency weakness has been part of our challenge in India. “But I view these as speed bumps along a very long journey, though. And the long term I think is very, very strong there,” the Apple CEO said. The iPhone maker is seeking tax relief and other incentives from the government to begin assembling more handsets in the country and its proposal to set up a manufacturing unit is reportedly being evaluated. According to Cook, “there… Read full this story
- Why Tim Cook is the genius Apple needs
- At Apple WWDC, taking stock of Tim Cook's hits and misses
- Apple CEO backs privacy laws, warns data being ‘weaponized’
- Siri Goes Bing, iRadio, iOS 7: Major Highlights From The Apple Keynote
- After Apple's Apology, What's Next For iOS 6 Maps?
- Wonderscope's Apple AR app unfurls new trick: 'Spatial storytelling' with bunnies
- Apple Glasses will be ready in 2020, according to this top analyst
- AV and EV Collide, Revealing Apple's Self-driving Car Program in Action
- Apple WWDC Keynote: Retina-Display MacBook Pro, iOS 6 Gets Facebook, Smarter Siri & Apple’s New Maps
- How Apple Made Twitter The Poster Child Of Android’s Tablet Failure
- The iPhone doesn't spy on users, Apple tells US lawmakers
- Why Siri Can't Find Abortion Clinics & How It's Not An Apple Conspiracy
Apple CEO Tim Cook is big believer in India; Says weak currency just speed bumps have 331 words, post on news.abplive.com at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.